Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2003 DeVille DHS
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
I just joined and this is my first post, as well as my first Cadillac. We bought a 2003 DeVille DHS last month. It has a cig lighter up front in the ashtray, as well as a power outlet in each rear door. The only one that works is the driver side rear door outlet.
Is this a fuse issue? If so, where are the fuse(s)? I did find the fuse block under the rear seat, as well as the under hood block. Their labeling is a bit confusing. Google wasn't huge help.

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,235 Posts
That fuse is under the rear seat. It is a 40A fuse - #65.

The relay is in the under hood box.
It is a 20A - #22

·
Registered
2005 Cadillac Deville Base - Gold
303 Posts
Thanks. I'll check those out and see if I can get these outlets working. (y)
I'd imagine it's only a fuse problem. Report back when you find them, let us know if they're blown.

·
-Administrator-
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
66,860 Posts
In your underhood fuse box there may be two fuses for the 12V ports. Depending on where those fuses are inserted in the 3-hole sockets determines whether the ports go dead with RAP dropout or stay hot 24/7. Look at the legend inside the fuse box top.

RAP - Retained Accessory Power - keeps several systems powered for 10 minutes after key: OFF.

·
Master of the Dark Art of Diagnostics
2003 DHS - two-2002 DHS, 2003 SLS, 1995 Sedan DeVille, 1989 Coupe DeVille
18,855 Posts
Hello all,
I just joined and this is my first post, as well as my first Cadillac. We bought a 2003 DeVille DHS last month. It has a cig lighter up front in the ashtray, as well as a power outlet in each rear door. The only one that works is the driver side rear door outlet.
Is this a fuse issue? If so, where are the fuse(s)? I did find the fuse block under the rear seat, as well as the under hood block. Their labeling is a bit confusing. Google wasn't huge help.
=========================
fuses are discussed starting on page 5-94 in the Owners Manual -
if you don't have the OM - go here for a FREE download -

-----------------------------

underhood fuse box -
fuses #22 and #23 are for the cigar lighters -
there are TWO possible positions to install these fuses -
the "INNER" positions - as shown - has the ignition switch control power -

move the #22 fuse to the LEFT one hole - and/or the #23 fuse to the RIGHT one hole -
and the sockets are ALWAYS LIVE -

also check the BIG #65 fuse under the back seat -

NOTE - there is an additional power outlet under the PASSENGER SEAT -
front/left side - at the umbrella tray -

·
Registered
2003 DeVille DHS
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry for the delayed response, I didn't get a chance to check this issue out till this past weekend.
I yanked the back seat, opened the hood and started testing fuses. I did find a blown 20a fuse in the front block, changed it out, and got the front seat outlet running. Still don't have power to the passenger rear door. That door shows signs someone may have been in it, so it may not be a fuse issue, but I'll keep checking.
This car seems to have been originally fused as RAP, the front outlet does stop after the car has been turned off for a short period. I'll check that out as well when I've got a little more time. For the moment I'm just glad to have that front outlet hot again. Thanks to everyone for the input.
P.S. Am REALLY enjoying this car, it was a rare find at a good price.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts