Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Cadillac CTS base model, 3.6L engine, 2006.
I’ve gone through the fuses under the hood. No issues. I even went to the fuse box under the left backseat. No issues there either.
I replaced the whole cigarette lighter socket/ receptacle by removing the old one after taking the panel off. Still didnt work. I’ve tried the car charger in my other vehicle so its not the car charger. Any other idea as to what it could be? All the wires are intact, there doesnt seem to be any wire that’s undone or fried.The outlet in the backseat works just fine. I can’t figure out what else it could be. Picture below is the old and new replacement I installed.
-Female trying to avoid a costly repair...
235CE319-CB55-478D-AA4E-1AF213584374.jpeg

·
Super Moderator
'05 CTS-V
8,327 Posts
"OUTLET" in the main fuse box under the hood should be that one, I think. Sometimes fuses can be blown without really looking blown; did you try changing out the fuse just in case? Have you put a multimeter on the terminals in the fuse box to make sure it's getting power?

·
Registered
06 CTS Sport/Luxury package
9,819 Posts
I wish my post from so many years ago still contained pictures, but photobucket screwed that up.

In that post, I described how to make the console outlet as well as the rear outlet either ON 24/7 or only ON with the car.

It was later found out that only certain years had that ability to switch with the car. But the fuse box still had the dual positions for the fuse. If you go back to the fuse box under the hood. You’ll see both fuses has the ability to “move over” one spot.

Look at this picture. The yellow fuse under the “...com...” of the water mark is in left position. While the green fuse, below the “...er.co...” is in the right position.

I cannot tell you what positions they need to be in, no longer have my 06 CTS. Nor can I tell you if those fuses in the picture are correct. You’ll need to figure that out on your own. I can, however tell you that there are only 3 sockets. The center socket must be the wire to the outlet while the outer two are either on 24/7 or switched.

I can also tell you this, my 06 CTS only had the ability to stay on 24/7. The switch socket did nothing. So your fuse could very well be in the “switched” position and that’s why it’s not working.

KOT

·
Registered
06 CTS Sport/Luxury package
9,819 Posts
I appreciate you, AAIIIC, in posting that. I had such a head ache last night and couldn't get the energy to look for it. Besides I still can't click on those photos, so I can't read what I wrote in the white boxes. However, what I wrote after step 7 seems to be that the center position is the "always on".

As you can see, even in the fuzzy pictures, that both fuses are in the center position. The upper one can go one terminal to the right and the lower one terminal to the left.

So make sure both of your fuses are in the center position. And since you said the rear outlet works, swap fuses just to be sure it ain’t the fuse.

KOT

1 - 5 of 5 Posts