2005 Platinum CTS V-Headers+3in pipes
3,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
thanks for the diagram.. didn't know there was 2 fuses for the outlets.. checked again and my I/P outlet 20a fuse blew.. i put a new 20a and it crackles then blows the fuse...

gotta get some more fuses.. and mess around with it.. might be the connector at the base of the cig lighter need more fuses to test the theory

·
Registered
'05 CTS-V, '00 SLS, 98 SLS, 89 Eldo, '80 Eldo
4,001 Posts
^^Yeah, he's been quite the wise ass lately :eek:snap:

·
Registered
2006 CTS-V
3 Posts
Hi, I've got the same issue, my socket in the dash is dead, but the one in the console for the back seat works fine.

I see in the PDF's from Darkman that there is a fuse mentioned in the removal instructions for the socket but the instructions don't say how to remove it, just that the first step was to remove it. How do I do that? It's -13C outside right now so I'm reluctant to just go and start mucking around without knowing :)

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i was able to fix the problem. ended up being a different fuse then what i thought it was from the fuse map. Check all the fuses in that block of the fuse box. The prblem originated from the back of the cig lighter. the metal clip had gotten deformed when the stealership techs replaced the NAV.

thanks Darkpdfman for your consistently helpful poasts

It was either the "I/P outlet" or the "Outlet" fuse.. cant remember exactly..

·
Registered
2007 Escalade, 2006 CTS-V
173 Posts
just wanted to add to this, i blew my fuse because i was working on something involving the cigarette lighter, but it was not the LTR Cigarette Lighter fuse under the hood. It was the one in the trunk by the battery, a 20A. if you were facing the rear trunk fuse box as if you were sitting in trunk, it is the top right.

·
Registered
2001 Eldo ETC, 1987 Allante, 2006 STS previous 66 Coupe, 85 Eldo Biaritz, 75 Eldorado
70 Posts
In the TV repair biz that translates to "jump the fuse and watch for the smoke signals"

Art

1 - 18 of 18 Posts