Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 113 Posts

·
See you in the funny papers
04 CTS-V, 05 STS, 07 SRX- All sold :(
26,239 Posts
That's blasphemy to some 'round these parts. Don't you know that Hyundai is the sooper best most awesomest new car maker? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1992 STS / 2005 MB G500 / 2003 STS / 2006 XLR-V
11,694 Posts
The dealer who had to take back the first Escalade we got had a 2009 Genesis 4.6 V8 with everything for 31k that was a strong contender, but in the end it's a completely boring car to look at. I'd take the 300 just on the fact that it's much more muscular and pleasing to the eye. I also believe the 300 will hold it's value better.

·
Registered
ZIP
51,864 Posts
The 300 is a German/American/Italian car. No way the Koreans can compete with that Axis of Evil...

·
Registered
not anymore 2007 Lexus ES350
7,705 Posts
I have never driven a Hyundai before
but i have driven a few 300
i would take the 300 any day
im not fond of hyundai

·
Registered
2013 ATS Premium 3.6, 1989 Allanté
4,513 Posts
ahh, see...

I HAVE driven hyundais. I HAVENT driven the 300. So i cant honestly judge. but i WILL say that id take ANY of the cadillacs ive driven over ANY of the hyundais ive driven

·
Registered
not anymore 2007 Lexus ES350
7,705 Posts
I think the reason i dislike Hyundai is well not sure if its just me or if they really do always come out looking like they are knocking off another brand
yeah some could say Chrysler Knocked off or tried to knock of bently with there 300 front end grill
but i don't see that as much as i see Hyundai and and also going to add in Kia here also
knocking off the front and rear ends of cars

i think it was a oh i forget the model and wich of the 2 brands it was but
there was one ugly Fudger that looked like a rear end of a BMW and front end of a Benz and it was one of those to company that did that that made me truly dislike them

but then its just might be me and the way i see them maybe others don't see them as that

·
Registered
2013 ATS Premium 3.6, 1989 Allanté
4,513 Posts
check out that other thread. Ford did it too in the seventies apparently.

I hate that they look like knockoffs, but thats not the reason i dislike them. They are just shabby feeling from what i have experienced

·
Registered
1992 STS / 2005 MB G500 / 2003 STS / 2006 XLR-V
11,694 Posts
I should clarify that I'd take this NEW 300 over the Hyundai... Just like Jesda, I found the old one a little too rough around the edges, and silly looking up front.

G

·
I think the reason i dislike Hyundai is well not sure if its just me or if they really do always come out looking like they are knocking off another brand
yeah some could say Chrysler Knocked off or tried to knock of bently with there 300 front end grill
but i don't see that as much as i see Hyundai and and also going to add in Kia here also
knocking off the front and rear ends of cars

i think it was a oh i forget the model and wich of the 2 brands it was but
there was one ugly Fudger that looked like a rear end of a BMW and front end of a Benz and it was one of those to company that did that that made me truly dislike them

but then its just might be me and the way i see them maybe others don't see them as that
Exactly! You have a singular view on things and you are all alone. :lildevil:

·
Registered
2016 Honda Accord LX. Previous: 2004 Deville, 2000 STS
3,718 Posts
I like both cars to be honest. I was out looking at Hyundai's today and when sitting in the new Sonata it's amazing how far they have come in the past 10 years. My friend's '04 Sonata and the new '11 Sonata and were on completely different planets. If I was shopping for a midsize sedan, I'd be heading straight to the Hyundai dealership.

The Genesis is a beautiful sedan, very understated and elegant. I haven't seen the new 300 in person, but I liked the old one (except for the interior). I'll have to reserve judgement until I see one. BTW, if anybody thinks that Hyundai can't build a luxury car, I think it's time to look at Cadillac's beyond outdated STS and DTS offerings, especially when the latter is still using the same 4 speed auto and Northstar my 2000 STS has. Come on, the luxury field has changed.

·
Registered
1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX
34,087 Posts
If I was buying a brand new, 2011 model year car, I'd probably go with the 300. I like it's bolder, more aggressive, more "classic americana" styling, and I think it's interior is a little better looking with more "flavor" than the Genesis offers. What worries me about the 300 is Chrysler's longterm reliability and quality. Sure, the 2011 300 is vastly superior to the 2004 or 05+ 300s in terms of material quality and overall assembly, but how well will the car hold up in 3-5 years? I'm sure the Hyundai will stand up better over time, and if not, you've got a 10 year, 100k mile warranty that'll back you up.

If I was buying a used model, then definitely the Genesis all the way. The older 300's interior was embarassing, and I thought it looked goofy. The fact that it was large, RWD and square was good, but it wasn't long enough and it looked goofy in profile.

·
Registered
'08 DTS Lux III Blk Cherry, '89 Brougham d'Elegance Dip Blue
4,847 Posts
The more I see the new 300, the more I like it. Especially after getting to check it out at the CAS. I think I'd have to go with it over the current Genesis. I even like the first gen 300 more after riding in TBJS's rental. It was very smooth, quiet, and comfortable. I really liked the electro-luminescent too.

·
Registered
Past: 95 Fleetwood, 91 Brougham. Now: 92 Lexus SC300
5,418 Posts
Eh, give me a 2011 Dodge Charger R/T over either of those. Make mine black with whore house red leather please. Love the whore house leather option in those.

I really do like the Genesis from a cereberal perspective. Its a fantastically built, very luxurious, and mechanically superior rwd/v8 machine. But much like most Lexus cars, they are totally uninspiring to look at. They do not elcit that emotional response of lust or desire like the 300/Charger/Magnum.

The past gen cars I could forgive the crappy interiors because of the v8/rwd and they were really interesting to look at. Now that they've fixed the crappy interior problem, and the past gen cars have been pretty reliable, I really think the 300/Charger owns the under 40k sedan segment. I'd even drive a hemi v8 300 or Charger over a v6 CTS.

1 - 20 of 113 Posts