1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Escalade Luxury
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello...
I have a 2010 Escalade with 20K...
The chrome is already peeling of my rims.. Has anyone had any experience with this kind of warranty issure?
Im ready to hit my local dealer and "Battle"!! Im not taking "thats just the way it goes shxx" :rant2:

·
Super Moderator
2010 Platinum Escalade, 1996 Fleetwood Brougham
6,455 Posts
Should be replaced under bumper to bumper warranty.

Like my wife says, you'll catch more flies with honey than vinegar,,,,whatever that means.....

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hello all.......first post here!!! Haven't posted yet because everything I wanted to know I have successfully searched for. I have a 07 ESV and that happened to me at about the same mileage. Dealer replaced all four rims. Of course they are doing it now but I have a lot more miles on it.

·
Registered
2013 Porsche Boxster S, 2011 Range Rover Super Charged
677 Posts
Hello...
The chrome is already peeling of my rims.. Has anyone had any experience with this kind of warranty issure?
Im ready to hit my local dealer and "Battle"!! Im not taking "thats just the way it goes shxx" :rant2:

The wheels are cheaply chrome plated, it's a common issue. I had a couple wheels replaced and the new ones were starting to flake when I got rid of it. They will replace them, but they will flake eventually even if you baby them. I would advise investing in a set of aftermarket rims when your warranty does run out. In the mean while they will replace them.

·
Registered
2008 Escalade Ext, 2013 Luxury Ats, 2014 Perf Ats, 2014 Prem Cts, 2017 Sierra Denali
158 Posts
What if you ran out of the bumper to bumper but have gmpp major guard do they still replace them?

12,778 Posts
Hello...
Billfumick, please let us know if you would like any assistance working with your dealer. Customer Service is available to follow up with them on your behalf, if you wish, and I'm available for further assistance via email at [email protected].

What if you ran out of the bumper to bumper but have gmpp major guard do they still replace them?
Rich08, under normal circumstances that should be covered under Major Guard. However, we do recommend customers bring their vehicle in to their dealers so the dealer's specialized technicians can view the concern firsthand and properly determine coverage.

Hello all.......first post here!!! Haven't posted yet because everything I wanted to know I have successfully searched for. I have a 07 ESV and that happened to me at about the same mileage. Dealer replaced all four rims. Of course they are doing it now but I have a lot more miles on it.
07ESCESV, please let me know if you would like me to investigate your current concerns further for you. Letting your dealer know your updates would be a great next step, and I'm available at the email address above!

Best,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

·
Registered
2018 XT5 Platinum, 2014 S550
1,653 Posts
hannity said:
The wheels are cheaply chrome plated, it's a common issue. I had a couple wheels replaced and the new ones were starting to flake when I got rid of it. They will replace them, but they will flake eventually even if you baby them. I would advise investing in a set of aftermarket rims when your warranty does run out. In the mean while they will replace them.
Not true on my end. Had a 06 DTS Plat, they dragged there feet, several excuses from dealer, too many car washes, did not clean them correctly, not the original owner, blah, blah, blah.... Had to have a GM service rep look at them ( More Smoke ) till this day all 4 Rims are still at the dealer. I put on after market Rims different style from Cadi. It was a very known problem back then. Peeling on the outside, not the inside... Very sad that they first try the blame game, then they do the smoke and mirrors to distract you, by then your usually fed up and give up. I spoke to GM multiple times, they would not move an inch, kept giving me excuse after excuse. All the vehicles I own go in for service cleaner then when they come out of service. It's sad what GM does with some known problems, but yet the dealer will go out of their way to fix others. I guess it all depends on how much the dealer possibly gets reimbursed on certain repairs... It's all about the $$$

·
Registered
Escalade
28 Posts
Nice ride my dealer pulled chrome off of mine in the service bay in front of other customers and they agreed they should be replaced. I owned 2 Buick Enclaves both with 7 spoke chrome wheels and this never happened in the same time period I've owned my Escalade. Cadillac treats there customers like a Chevy Cruze customer there is no loyalty to us you get lumped in with all the other brands. DONT BUY THESE WHEELS is all I can say. Also don't talk to the Cadillac representatives on here they can't help and they are just smug and only care about Cadillac not us customers. Gregory wouldn't call me to tell me Cadillac wouldn't cover my wheels he just made some excuse that he thought because I contacted him on here that I wanted a response by private message. I gave him my phone number on each correspondence and he wasn't interested in hearing my side or seeing pictures they aren't on here to help us. The dealer said Gregory wasn't interested in helping me and the dealer would have replaced if Cadillac approved. The chrome is coming off in all the corners and it's still under the factory warranty. My escalade is in excellent condition. If any new buyers are out there beware don't buy a used or new Cadillac with chrome wheels Cadillac won't honor the warranty buy another brand.

·
Registered
Escalade
28 Posts
Thanks for the information you all have provided, I'm gathering information from here, videos and expert opinions to put together an appeal to Cadillac's decision.

·
Registered
2010 Escalade
11 Posts
just bought a 2010 Escalade w/ 42k miles and 3 out of 4 wheels are peeling and flaking on the inner rim. Going to dealership this week to get this taken care of under warranty. If dealership gives me any issue, I will get the GM regional rep there to handle this. I had similar issue with my Tahoe and it was taken care of under warranty. I will update everyone after I get the truck to the dealership.

·
Registered
2014 Escalade
70 Posts
Nice ride my dealer pulled chrome off of mine in the service bay in front of other customers and they agreed they should be replaced. I owned 2 Buick Enclaves both with 7 spoke chrome wheels and this never happened in the same time period I've owned my Escalade. Cadillac treats there customers like a Chevy Cruze customer there is no loyalty to us you get lumped in with all the other brands. DONT BUY THESE WHEELS is all I can say. Also don't talk to the Cadillac representatives on here they can't help and they are just smug and only care about Cadillac not us customers. Gregory wouldn't call me to tell me Cadillac wouldn't cover my wheels he just made some excuse that he thought because I contacted him on here that I wanted a response by private message. I gave him my phone number on each correspondence and he wasn't interested in hearing my side or seeing pictures they aren't on here to help us. The dealer said Gregory wasn't interested in helping me and the dealer would have replaced if Cadillac approved. The chrome is coming off in all the corners and it's still under the factory warranty. My escalade is in excellent condition. If any new buyers are out there beware don't buy a used or new Cadillac with chrome wheels Cadillac won't honor the warranty buy another brand.
Not true! The Cadillac representatives that monitor this forum IMO go out of their way to keep us Cadillac owners extremely satisfied. Days, nights and weekends the Caddy Reps correspond to our concerns either in the public forums or PM's. Everyone in the Cadillac organiziation from the salespersons to the dealership owners back to the service, parts and accessories are trained trained trained in Cadillac customer satisfaction. If one of them is not living up to that end of their agreement they catch holy hell. GM in the past has replaced my OEM GM 22" wheels no questions asked when the peeling was discovered.

"Treat others as you would like to be treated yourself" goes a long way.

12,778 Posts
just bought a 2010 Escalade w/ 42k miles and 3 out of 4 wheels are peeling and flaking on the inner rim. Going to dealership this week to get this taken care of under warranty. If dealership gives me any issue, I will get the GM regional rep there to handle this. I had similar issue with my Tahoe and it was taken care of under warranty. I will update everyone after I get the truck to the dealership.
Hi mike18228,

We definitely understand that this is a problem, but we're glad to know that you'll be having your dealership check into this for you. Please feel free to reach out to us if there's anything we can do to assist with this situation. We're available by private message if there is anything we can do to help.

Amber N. (assisting)
Cadillac Customer Care

·
Registered
2010 Escalade
11 Posts
Went to two Cadillac dealerships today and got two completely different answers, not to mention Cadillac customer service sent me a PM saying my wheels peeling/pitting were from road salt etc. One dealership told me right to my face before they looked at the wheels that they would not warranty them out because every time they do they end up getting charged back. I then had him look at the wheels and he's like yes I see the problem but every time we warranty them, we get screwed and get charged back by caddy. Went to my next dealership and they said there would be no problem, then asked if I was the original owner, I said no I am second owner but that does not affect the factory warranty. They said they will look into it but usually cadillac will not warranty the wheels unless you are the original owner. The saga continues. Truck going into one of the dealerships Tuesday, not mentioning any names until I get the truck back and see if they decide to fix it for me. Stay Tuned...

·
Registered
2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP), 1972 Sedan Deville
26,323 Posts
This should be very simple. The vehicle warranty terms must be written somewhere. Can Customer Care or a dealer not get you a copy?

-Is there corrosion coverage for rims?
-When/after how many miles are they covered?
-Is this part of the warranty transferable?

·
Registered
2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP), 1972 Sedan Deville
26,323 Posts
For the rims specifically? Or is that the rust through warranty? Does it mention the rims specifically? Or jus the unibody?

·
Registered
'16 VSport (wife's), '10 Escalade, '97 & '02 SS Camaro's, '15 Silverado LTZ
1,131 Posts
I'll be taking mine in to access in the next several weeks. It has thin plating and appears the brass is showing through.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts