Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2007 xlr 2011 escalade
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Chrome wheels do not hold up in northern michigan. Any suggestions for wheels for 2011 escalade?

·
Registered
2008 Escalade ESV AWD
228 Posts
Same here in MN! Have 2 sets, the bad condition set I have Blizzak's mounted up on them for winter use. My other set are pristine and have Bridgestone Dueller Alenza Plus's on them and have never seen salt.

-John

·
Registered
2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
13,353 Posts
I take my 22's off and use stock 18's, I have done this on every Escalade since 2007, it keeps the 22's salt free and perfect, and the 18's are dirt cheap, and the tires are cheaper, and you have better traction options, and because the 18's have over twice the air, you have protection if you were to hit a curb compared to a 22" wheel.

·
Registered
2008 Escalade
56 Posts
Put a coat of wax on them before the winter and wash the salt off periodically
I knew people, way back when, that used to put Vaseline or grease on their chrome bumpers for the winter. Looks like hell, but makes a good barrier against the elements.

·
Registered
2007 Escalade ESV
364 Posts
I can imagine that chrome takes a beating in the north with the bad roads and all the salt you guys have to deal with. Take a look at this wheel. It comes in 22, 24 and 26. I am thinking about going with the 24's and putting the Cooper Zeon LTZ tires on them. Its a really cool tire that has an all season tread design that I am betting would do well in the snow y'all face up there.

Attachments

·
Registered
2018 XT5 Platinum, 2014 S550
1,653 Posts
Stay away from anything over 22" in the winter.... Pot hole city in north east.. Lower the tire profile, higher the risk of damaging the Rim and tire, not to mention a rough ride.
2 Cents....

·
Registered
2005 Cadillac Escalade
1,177 Posts
Stay away from anything over 22" in the winter.... Pot hole city in north east.. Lower the tire profile, higher the risk of damaging the Rim and tire, not to mention a rough ride.
2 Cents....
You can go 22 maybe 24 with wheel well cutting but to beat the pot holes just add more sidewall meat then normal and you'll be fine

1 - 11 of 11 Posts