Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1987 Brougham 1978 Seville
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all! Just wondering if you guys are having the same issues that I am. Some of the chrome trim on my Brougham is loose and just wondering if anything can be done to tighten it. I really dont want to use steel screws like i have seen done before. The trim I am talking about is the around the base of the vinyl top, lower rocker moulding and the chrome trim on the hood. It is not off, just loose and i sure would not want to loose it. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
Lower rocker moldings need extra clips installed. There was actually a bulletin on it years ago. Have fun finding a body shop that has the clips though. The Belt moldings around the base of the top are also in need of new clips. Generally they break and you're left with only a few holding the trim on loosely. As for the trim on the hood, which trim?

·
Registered
1987 Brougham 1978 Seville
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the response. The chrome trim on the hood. It runs from the windshield,down the hood to the end of it. Kinda of on an angle. There is one on each side of the hood where it crowns

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
I'm sorry, I didn't notice what year you were talking about. I take back the comment about the rocker moldings (at least partially). The bulletin I mentioned was for the 93-96 cars but the point about the clips is still the same. As for the hood molding, I seem to recall that it's held on via screws, isn't it? Pull the hood insulation down and check the screws first.

·
Registered
'96 FWB; '96 STS
207 Posts
I noticed when I bought my '95 that some of my rocker panel trim pieces had one stainless steel sheet metal screw at the lower edges.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts