1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
CTS-V
756 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Chrome OEM 7-spokes are on their way

Err....7 spokes....
I ordered my chrome rims today; should be here in a few days. They don't however have chrome caps - any ideas where they can be found?
I'm pretty excited, although I really hope they don't look too pimp
Also looking at doing tires at the same time:
Right now I'm leaning towards the GSD3's but saw a post on the Flaken st115's. Goodyear told me today that the GSD3's were being discontinued....:hmm: . Any input would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V and 1998 Seville STS
98 Posts
Where did you order your chrome stock wheels from? Are they a new set or are you having your original wheels plated?

I would like to get mine done or get a second set chromed for my V but there are no local shops for me to use, so I'm trying to get recommendations from any of you who have already done this. If you don't mind could you post your experience with your supplier after your wheels arrive.

I am still on my original F1 tires so i can't recommend any tires, although I was planning on going with GSD3's myself when the time comes.

Good luck!

·
Registered
CTS-V
756 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
These are exchanges, they send their set to me, I swap out the tires and send them my stockers. I sent you a PM as I got them from a non-supporting vendor. Will let you know the results....

·
Registered
'05 CTS-VM 51 track days in Maggied V & 82 in Atom 2 in Volt
1,690 Posts
Re: Chrome OEM 7-spokes are on their way

Slywun said:
I'm pretty excited, although I really hope they don't look too pimp
you decide.. I think they are a must have for the faster black cars. Maybe gotta have for the red cars and not so much for the silver ones.:duck:

http://www.stealthv.com/customers_vs.htm

·
Registered
CTS-V
756 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Dennisscars said:
you decide.. I think they are a must have for the faster black cars. Maybe gotta have for the red cars............http://

Completely agree with you on the black, hoping they look just as good on the Redline...

·
Registered
'05 CTS-VM 51 track days in Maggied V & 82 in Atom 2 in Volt
1,690 Posts

Slywun said:
Completely agree with you on the black, hoping they look just as good on the Redline...
I think so :thumbsup: but then I never did care for the bimmer silver wheels. :duck:

·
Registered
05 Maggied V Black/Black
1,158 Posts
Slywun
Hurry up and send yours back, I think I'm next. Hope yours are in great shape

·
Registered
2009 Z06 / 2013 F150 EcoBeast / 2008 Twin-Turbo Bimmer
4,860 Posts

Slywun said:
They don't however have chrome caps - any ideas where they can be found?
How about using the black center caps off a 2006 V?

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
I did a exchange for chrome stock wheels with my dealer and they moved the center caps from the non-chrome wheels to the chrome wheels. The Cadillac emblem in the cap has a chrome finish and looks right at home on the chrome wheels.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts