Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Red XT4
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone!:wave:

New member here..... so sorry if this has been brought up before.

Has anyone found any aftermarket chrome door handles similar to the ones on the Escalade? Don't know why this wasn't a CTS option, especially with the chrome accents I have around the fog lights, etc.

Thanks!
Mark JD

·
Registered
2008 CTS DI RWD FE2
224 Posts
One of the site sponsors has 'em.
http://www.usspeed.com/

I'll probably consider them if I ever decide to throw on some chrome wheels. I think that would look pretty nice. But with the stock 18's... I'll leave 'em as is for now.

·
Registered
2019 Red XT4
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ahhhh.... Just what I was looking for! THANKS omegafiler!:thumbsup:
I have the 18" polished wheels so I think they will look great. That vendor has a lot of good stuff.
And thanks for the response from someone that has them (ngiardina).... I couldn't decide how they would look and wanted an opinion. My neighbor just got a new black Jag XF and they look great on that.

THX again!:)
Mark JD

·
Registered
Cadillac
168 Posts
have them on my car. Fit is perfect and they should have been there to begin with
Nick,
Can you post some close-up pictures to show us how close they fit (i.e. can you see or feel that they are taped on as opposed to being made of chrome) Also how far does the handle wrap around the stock handle? Do you feel that the chrome on the ABS will hold up over time?

Sorry for all the questions but I added interior bezels on my Corvette inside doors around the handles and since they stick up slightly, the door handle strikes the brushed aluminum on the bezels when you open the door and has put scratches or nicks in the finish of the new bezels. Now I can't get the 3m double sided tape off and will have to replace it all with new factory bezels.

If you've had these on for a while I can surely benefit from your experience. I think that they add to the appearance on the CTS.

Thanks for all you advice!!! I appreciate it.

·
Premium Member
Cadillac 2008 CTS
103 Posts
have them on my car. Fit is perfect and they should have been there to begin with
Ha Nick!!! I thought ya didn't prefer the chrome door handles? Maybe I gotz the wrong message. Of all the BS I have looked at putting on my ryde those are the best value and look for sure. :thumbsup:

I agree.. should have been there in the first place. Next I needz me some side view mirror turn signal lights!!!! Not large but subtle.

·
Registered
CTS DI Fully Loaded, Magnaflow, CAI, F1 Tint, Rosen TVs
1,013 Posts
Already posted close up pictures of the handles, search for threads by me. I added a little bit more 3M tape to them for durability. Yhey wrap all the way around the visible part of the door handle, but you can feel that they are appliques when opening the door. I receive nothing but complements on them.

Rich - I think I had them before you, or maybe your thread prompted me to get them? I remember I had endo photoshop them on to make my decision.

One tip - If you do go for them, BE CAREFUL with the included adhesive promoter. Apply masking tape to the entire area around the handle before applying the promoter. Let it dry for about a minute, then press on the covers. DO NOT get the promoter on your hands and then handle the chrome pieces, as it will pssibly dul the chrome and look horrible.

·
Registered
Cadillac
168 Posts
Thanks for the info, I appreciate it! Someone in one of the threads mentioned that the edge of the handles were sharp and said something about being careful not to hurt your fingers when opening the door in the summer. Have you had any problems with this? I would think that the manufacturer would have made sure that there is no problems like this before selling the product.

·
Registered
Cadillac
12 Posts
I just purchased the chrome exhaust tips from US Speed (the stock ones look puney) and saw that they had chrome door handles for CTS.

·
Registered
2014 CTS PREMIUM SEDAN 3.6 RWD
1,019 Posts
I don't have pictures of my exhaust tips, but I do have them on my 2008 Thunder Gray CTS. They are E&G Chrome exhaust tips. They come with a set of screws, but I had them welded on at Meineke for $40.00. You can buy them on Ebay for $85.00. The exhaust tips are a very attractive addition to the car.

·
Registered
CTS DI Fully Loaded, Magnaflow, CAI, F1 Tint, Rosen TVs
1,013 Posts
Thanks for the info, I appreciate it! Someone in one of the threads mentioned that the edge of the handles were sharp and said something about being careful not to hurt your fingers when opening the door in the summer. Have you had any problems with this? I would think that the manufacturer would have made sure that there is no problems like this before selling the product.
No, no sharp edges on mine.

·
Registered
53 Eldo, 54 CDV, 74 FWB 96 FWB (sold),1998 STS(sold), 03 ESV
755 Posts
The 08 and 09 STS has the same handles which come in chrome. It would be a more expensive swap, but there would be no raw edges.

·
Registered
2009 CTS4 Thunder Gray/Titanium
99 Posts
I don't have pictures of my exhaust tips, but I do have them on my 2008 Thunder Gray CTS. They are E&G Chrome exhaust tips. They come with a set of screws, but I had them welded on at Meineke for $40.00. You can buy them on Ebay for $85.00. The exhaust tips are a very attractive addition to the car.
Cool. Thanks for the info Dawson. Sorry to others for deviation from topic. Gotta love the chrome stuff.

:bouncy:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts