Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
'93 Fleetwood Brougham...Dad's
4,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay guys, got a question, and am interested to see if anyone has an answer.

The factory chromed Brougham wheels that were offered on the Fleetwood from '94-96 were quite rare when the cars were new, and are still few and far between today. As such, some people still are able to find a set and pick them up, but it can take quite some time.

I know Ebay is a great place to watch, and just recently, there was actually a set of 4 of them, but that's about the only set I've ever seen.

So, anybody who was able to find a set--where the heck did you get them?

Not that there's any plans for the white '93 beauty, but there may be for ANOTHER Fleetwood purchase coming in the future....so consider this planning ahead;)

·
Registered
94 Fleetwood Brougham
7,534 Posts
Buy one with and sell without!

·
Registered
4,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
N0DIH said:
Buy one with and sell without!
Yeah, right...

Considering I'll most likely be getting into another '93, which very, very rarely ever have a set of the chromies on them, that's next to impossible.

Right now, I'm looking at a black '93 at quite a nice price (details to come later, maybe...:stirpot: ), stock machined Brougham wheels in tact. If I could just find a set of (4) of the chrome ones that isn't too $$$, then sell the regular ones, it might work out well.

We'll see...then again, I really shouldn't be thinking about ANY car or its wheels until the spring, but I just found one I REALLY like right now:thumbsup:

·
Registered
'96 FWB; '96 STS
207 Posts
I feel your pain; I've been looking for a set for nearly 2 years....there was a set on Ebay about a year ago with Vogue tires mounted, but I didn't want the tires. If I had to do it over again I probably would have got them. They were never sold but, as far as I can tell, never put on Ebay again.

·
Registered
4,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I know--not that I don't really like the standard machined-faced Brougham ones, because I do, but I REALLY like the chrome ones. Here's a good comparison shot to show why:

My white '93 Brougham with the standards:

A white '96 Brougham with the chromes:

Not a HUGE difference, but I think the chrome versions jive a lot more with the chrome all around the bottom of the car and just make it all "pop" that much more.

I seem to be having good luck finding a TON of them on the site I mentioned above however. Too bad none of the salvage lots seem to ever return an email--I'd call, but I'm not "that" interested in buying right at this moment.
http://www.car-part.com/

·
Registered
04 ESV Platinum, 96 Eldorado Coachbuilder LTD, 96 FWB
1,044 Posts
HAHA thats weird. i saw them today on a blue Fleetwood brougham. And was wondering how they would look on my 90. Didnt know they were that rare. I would rather the wire wheels on my 90 though, it goes along with the vintage look, these do look nice on a 93+

·
Registered
4,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
1990CaddyBrougham said:
HAHA thats weird. i saw them today on a blue Fleetwood brougham. And was wondering how they would look on my 90. Didnt know they were that rare. I would rather the wire wheels on my 90 though, it goes along with the vintage look, these do look nice on a 93+
Here's what they look like on an older Brougham:

Then again, this car has a LOT of mods....
http://www.buckshaw.com/peter/index2.htm

·
Registered
94 Fleetwood Brougham
7,534 Posts
I would love a set myself. Then I can keep my non chrome ones for winter driving!

FWIW I weighed one (w/o center cap) of them this weekend, 46 lbs. Compared to 53 for the Impala SS wheels I saw on some website. I guess rubber is lighter than aluminum!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts