Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

· Registered
'93 Cadillac 60 Special; '03 Lincoln TownCar Limited ED
5,933 Posts
Hey, wait just a minute! I wanna enjoy all the other ones, leading up to Christmas! Halloween, Thanksgiving, Chanukkah and then Christmas ~ and then New Years' Eve and Day, and Day-Eve. Don't put me on "fast-forward" :helpless:

· Registered
5,933 Posts
'Ya? Well, I want gifts ! Lots of them. :thumbsup:

Doesn't much matter, I'm gonna pay for them all ~ they all go on my credit card! :bulging: Actually, all I REALLY want is good health for everyone.
I too, always need socks. I used to call it 8 nights of sock-giving ! Last year I got th ose beautiful white mats you see in my Caddy. THAT was great !

· Registered
5,933 Posts
hey Sandy, this might seem forward and i dont mean it to be but you celebrate Christmas?

No, you don't have to make apologies for asking me.....

No, I do noit celebrate Christmas. We celebrate Chanukah - which also happens to be in Decmeber (along with MY birthday!) But, while we dot not celebrate your holiday,I do enjoy the good fellowship, the decorations, the singing and SOME of the T.V. shows.

I have been (physically) to Midnight Mass, which is so so beautiful. I usually do watch the televised Midnight Mass on TV from St. Peter'sVatican, I believe it is.....

I enjoyed Midnight Mass. I don't really like the commercialization of Christmas, but if not for THAT commercialazation, the participation would decline, so, it's a necessary "evil" of sort.

I have alot of friends who are Christians and I do sent out Christmas cards. I sign them "Remember to keep Christ in CHRISTmas"

We celebrate Chanukkah by lighting 8 candles, one a night and exchange little token "gifts" each night. Nothing extravgant. Socks, After Shave, Perfume, one time use camera, $20.00 gift card at Victoria's Secret, 16 little gifts between my wife & I, and 8 for Matt. (Son). All of it under $200.00. But, this year I'd really like a Bentley Continential T :thumbsup:
I illuminate the candles on the Menorah - one a night, and say the prayer in Hebrew.
My # 1 favorite joke is this one:

Teacher asks little Michael in 6th grade to explain any Jewish Holy-day he'd like!
Mikiee says: "I can explain them all" !!

"They tried to kill us"
" WE WON "
"Lets Eat" !!

So, after lighting the Menorah, each night... WE EAT (God...do we) OINK OINK

· Registered
5,933 Posts
"" Heh, Gentile, they don't get it. Heh heh! "" ~ That's an odd word for you to chose to use .... No ?

Volvo Wagons? Yeeeech. No taste, No taste at all ! Waaay to much Matzoh, musta gone to brain cells.

When I was growing UP (as opposed to growing OUT {now} ) the synagogue's parking lot held 100 cars. I am telling the truth... 80 to 85
of them had late model Caddies in them. WE, on the other hand had Imperials, and thus was born the phrase ~"What's That" ~ Which I got SICK of hearing !! :tisk:

· Registered
5,933 Posts
Same difference !

My (long gone) Caddy salesman friend once told me that if it were not
for the Italians & the Jews he'd be makin' $9,000 @ year selling them.
He didn't say, but I had heard thru good source he was earning over
$ 60,000 @ yr, and this was in 1971, Caddies Hay Day !!

· Registered
5,933 Posts
Okay.
When Iwas like 12 or 14, I once told my Mom that I wanted to marry Elizabeth Taylor because she was the most beautiful woman in the world.
'bout half dozen other guys beat me to her :rant2: She is still aknock out, considering her age.

· Registered
5,933 Posts
Kev said:
Why is that ironic? Wasn't Christ a Jew? Seems all too appropriate to me. I dunno.......
Of course, he was Jewish, only because when Jesus lived there were the Hebrews and the Romans. He was not a Roman. The religion that bears his name was founded AFTER his death (AD).

· Registered
5,933 Posts
LowLow, yes "AD" is after death (also).
Recall "The Last Supper" ?
That was actually a Passover Sedar. I am not kidding, look on the 'net, if you think I am kidding. I'm not.

Jews accepted him, totally ~ they did not accept that he was the Messiah.

Not to make "lite" of this, there was agood joke years back, no longer timely, tho.

Many Jewish people held stock in Chrysler Corporation, and when they fell into a slump, the value of the stock of course sunk. When Lee Iacocca saved Chrysler from the brink and brought it back with the K-Kar, the MiniVan, & bought Jeep and other good deeds, Jews began to believe that Iacocca was inded, The Messiah.
(He brought Cry-slur back the Chrysler, from the dead.....) Old, But what the heck.

· Registered
5,933 Posts
I have no idea why the Jewish faith did not embrace Jesus as the Messiah.
I can, however make a very good (somewhat) guess.

I think that if one is waiting for the arrival of the Messiah, that it's accepted that you will be judged on judgment day, that therefore being the arrival of the Messiah. Wanting all that it good & right & proper & Just for thineself & family andextended family, we are good in anticipation of the arrival.

Should we accept Jesus as the Messiah then the Messiah has in fact arrived and ..... LETS PARTY, Wine Women and and and.....

Now, I am NOOoooo very religious person, who studies Torah. I am way overstepping my bounds, herein.

Now to totally blow your mind !!

There is a recent break-away faction, called Jews-For-Jesus. They are people who now believe that Jesus was in fact, The Messiah. They believe that our religion can continue & prosper even IF we accept HIM.
Who are these people? Well, no, they are not crack pots or fools or freaks, many of them are very learnerd, wealthy corporation & business owners !
MOST of what you might call the "non believers" ~ look upon them as a freak side show. I don't. But, I do see the point that with the acceptance of Jesus as the Messiah, then there is very very very little distinction between our two religions.....

Now, your asking me this question would be akin to asking my wife, Karen to properly explain the purpose of a rear differential in a car. Dig ?
Meet with a Rabbi and ask him ! Rabbis LOVEto talk, he will welcome you with open arms. Nice people, we are !:yup:

Go to Google & enter JEWS FOR JESUS and you can read all about them...........

LOOK
HERE
I went & got it for you. If this really mixes 'ya up....hey, me too!
Nice Sandy - Do I get a Rep. Click on my green block ? Yes ?
http://www.jewsforjesus.org/

· Registered
5,933 Posts
Oh...We Jewish folk do that, 'ya know, to make big sales and make big money offa you good Christians. We commercialize the crap outta Easter & Christmas. While you're ringing bells we're ringing cash registers !:thepan:

(Aren't I terrible?) That's not really true, but you will hear the anti semites say that.

They do commercialize Chanukkah. Not nationwide, true, but in heavily Jewish populated areas they do. Chanukkah in Arkansas & Louisiana probably don't even exist. Ditto Passover. Yom KippUr no, they do not !! Be a major waste of money to advertise & commercialize Jewish Holy Days in Mississippi !!
Anyhow, I am still awaiting the commercialization of Rosh Hashanah and Flag Day, June 14th.:shhh:

· Registered
5,933 Posts
You have Santa Claus, we have Soloman (Solli) Cohen. He drops off new deVilles. Unless you've been bad ~ then you get a honDUH (un)CIVIC.
Visit Long Island (properly pronounced Lhhhoong I-LAN) around Chanukkah if you think ours don't get blowen waay outta proportion.

· Registered
5,933 Posts
You guys never heard "T'was the night before Chanukkah" ?
Have I got a surprise for you ! But, I have to go find it....
{Needle in a haystack syndrome}:eek:

· Registered
5,933 Posts
Okay, this was written by my late Mother, Rebecca Lita Block.
January 26 1915 - 4th-of-July 1995. (80). It's Copywrited to me.
T'WAS THE NIGHT BEFORE CHANUKKAH ....
and all thru the house,
not a creature was stirring, not even our mouse :eek:
The Menorah was set in the window aglow,
and its beams cast out on the new fallen snow!
Though Sandy was sleeping :)nono: ), I'm willing to bet,
that he is dreaming of the presents he'll get :)yup: ),
A new bike, model cars, sports car, a Jeep,
a new watch, some golf clubs some clothes, nuttin cheap!
The goodies 'n gadgets this holiday brings,
are awaited each year by Jewish offsprings...
I was lying in bed, almost asleep,
when the screeching of brakes brought me to my feets!
I peeked out the window as sly as one can,
and right then I saw him..." THE CHANUKKAH MAN " !!:)
now, the Chanukah Man is known to both girls and boys,
as the one who's responsible for the Caddies & the Toys ! ;)
He travels all over with stuff in his sack,
but instead of a sled, he drives a new Cadillac !:thumbsup:
He got out of his Caddy, still beaming with pride,
from the bargains he'd gotten on New York's Lower East Side.
There were games, toys and clothes, a frisky new puppy and even a bunny,
and of course, best of all, the Chanukkah MONEY! :thumbsup:
He glanced at his car, as he turned on his heels,
and smugly admired his chrome plated wheels.
But, ye must be aware that into a SACK, he cannot get,
MY NEW CADILLAC! He caught me at the window and said,
"So what the hey...I'll just leave in your big driveway" :bouncy: :banana: :woohoo:
He picked up his sack, a converted golf bag,
which he threw on his shoulder, with a grunt & a drag,
marching into the house, he emptied his goods, so
he could refill the sack, with his irons & woods.
Again I could see the pride on his face, as he checked all
the goods, and put them in place.
After munching the chopped liver crackers, and a sip from our bar,
he returned to his car, for he knew that tomorrow he'd have to drive far.
With his Chanukkah chores now outtathe way,
he could head for Maimi, for some warm sun & play.
...as he started his car, I called out "SHALOM" - have a safe trip,
and hurry back home.
and as he drove off, these words came to ear,
"it's no big deal, I go every year" ~
... and I heard him exclaim as he raced outta sight,
Happy Chanukkah to all and to all a
GOOD NIGHT!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.