Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac 95 STS, 02 SLS
13,792 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you could only have one car for the next five years what would it be?

At my age my automotive requirements have greatly narrowed so it is relatively easy for me to pick one car I would want to live with over the next five years.

So if you didn't have to consider maintenance costs or initial cost what would you pick if you could only have one car. The car could be any year and would be brand new. Color and equipment would be your choice.

·
Registered
91 Allante (gone), 06 SRX (gone)
4,396 Posts
I'm in the process of searching for a new daily driver for the next 6 years: a low mileage 05-06 Lexus LS430, silver or gray, black interior, preferably with the custom luxury package.

·
Registered
02 Escalade | 02 Corvette "Goldilocks" | 03 Blazer 4x4 | 92 Caprice Wagon LS1/T56
19,691 Posts
Oh god... oh god... ahhrgh... I don't knowwww!

Only one? Man! That's tough. I'd personally pick an '06 Corvette Z06 rocking some DSOM. But since that can't store all my belongings moving back and forth from college, it's out.

So I guess I would say an '09 CTS-V somehow magically painted in Hot Lava.

A guy can dream. :(

·
Registered
2007 E92 BMW 335i
10,761 Posts
I plan on keeping the 335i for at least 5 years. Next will hopefully be a Melbourne Red E92 M3 w/ beige interior and the DCT box.

·
Registered
2010 CTS (Elvis) 1964 Impala (Betty) 1991 Miata (Dolly)
14,333 Posts
I plan to keep Sabrina for at least the next five years and probably longer. But if I could just twitch my nose like Samantha on Bewitched, I'd have a CTS 3.6 RWD in Blue Diamond with Cashmere/Cocoa interior and the Performance/Luxury package.

But if I could have only one car and only one, it would have to be Betty. The sentimental attachment I have to the '64 Impala — and this to '64 Impala especially after nearly 11 years of ownership and a gradual restoration — make her virtually irreplaceable to me. I have no intention of ever selling this car, and she goes to my sister or one of my sister's kids in my will.

·
Registered
Cadillac CT6 (2019)
2,270 Posts
You ask two questions: the tittle asks, "for you all time favorite", your post asks for what you want to have for the next 5 years.

Tough questions both; some of my all time favorites include: 1969 Z-28 Camaro, the 308 Ferrari GT's and the 1967 Corvette bigblock. Now, for my favorite vehicle for the next five years, I'm pretty much stuck with my current '06 STS (but I'm very happy to be 'stuck', as it were, with this very fine automobile).

·
Registered
1998 Seville STS / 2013 Chevrolet Impala
1,889 Posts
If money was no object: Audi R8 5.2

There's really nothing more you could want from a car. Great performance, luxury, and great styling.

If money was a factor: Audi S5 4.2

A lot like Gary's BMW, but with AWD and V8 power. An all around very nice car. Also, not insanely expensive.

·
Registered
2002 ETC
10 Posts
Well if money was no object, then it would have to be a Saleen S7. But since money is a object, I am seriously considering a Z06 Vette, or a New SS Camaro. Which I just test drove the other day, and it was awesome.

·
Registered
1990 350 Brougham (The cruiser), 1988 Mark VII LSC (The DD)
5,545 Posts
Not a huge supercar fan. At this point in time I would love to have an '05 Excursion, fully loaded and equipped with a PowerStroke. Of course it would not be stock, because who doesn't want an Excursion that runs 13's. :D

·
Registered
'08 DTS Lux III Blk Cherry, '89 Brougham d'Elegance Dip Blue
4,847 Posts
So long as cost of ownership wasn't an issue, I would really like to have something like an Escalade. I've been wanting an SUV for a while and I already have the Eldo, so why not add another Caddy to the driveway?

·
Registered
1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX
34,087 Posts
Not a huge supercar fan. At this point in time I would love to have an '05 Excursion, fully loaded and equipped with a PowerStroke. Of course it would not be stock, because who doesn't want an Excursion that runs 13's. :D

You'd want something older than an '05. The '05 would have that garbage 6.0 Powerstroke. You want one with the 7.3L

If I could have just one car right now, cost be damned, it'd be a '99 S600 Mercedes, Navy Blue with the beige two tone Nappa leather. I loved that 320 I had, but couldn't afford it.

·
Registered
77 CDV, 06 DTS III, 69 FWB
10,022 Posts
Oh, this is easy. I'll take a 1977 Coupe de Ville, Sonora Tan with a Buckskin tuxedo grain cabriolet vinyl top and Antique Light Buckskin leather interior. Carbon copy of my first car. Give me that, and you can keep all the rest. And you can bet I'd keep it for more than five years (try for life, longer if I can get away with it)! :D

·
Registered
Past: 95 Fleetwood, 91 Brougham. Now: 92 Lexus SC300
5,418 Posts
Money no object and something practical:
2010 CTS-V, manaul trans, recaro seat option, black leather on pearl white exterior.

Truck:
2010 Dodge Ram 3/4 ton 4x4 Cummins diesel with the automatic, short box, extra cab to keep it somewhat parkable.

·
Registered
1989 Brougham d'Elegance, 1985 Fleetwood Brougham *Coupe*
4,256 Posts
Well ignoring the trend of picking the latest and greatest and being ignorant to the stipulation of it having to be my only car for 5 years (I'm never getting rid of the Cadillac), and choosing my "all time favorite car," I would have to say...

A 1958 Plymouth Fury (Belvedere Sport Coupe), painted toreador red and iceberg white, with a 350 Double Rocker Hemi and a TorqueFlite automatic transmission.

1 - 20 of 83 Posts