Votes: 15 71.4%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
1989 Fleetwood Brougham d'Elegance|2018 Chevy Colorado Z71
6,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As far as eBay goes I've been seeing some killer deals on hubcaps for my 76 DeVille so here's why I start this poll. I'm perfectly in the middle on this one, I need a tie breaker.......

Stick with these?

Or convert to the discs?

The discs look more 70's than the wires but the wires are supposed to be the upgraded wheel cover, so I'm torn......

·
Registered
77 CDV, 06 DTS III, 69 FWB
10,022 Posts
I vote for discs, as they make the car look much more substantial. However, I'd try to find the turbine vane discs (they were optional), as they look much cooler than the standard discs. Here's what I'm talking about:

Attachments

·
Registered
6,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You're right, I do like those better..... If only I could find a set....

EDIT: Seek and you shall find. I just found a set of 5 on ebay for around $40. Go for it?

·
Registered
1976 FLEETWOOD brougham
355 Posts
Hello.
I voted discs, and yes go for the optional set.

However if you had real wire wheels of OEM style as a option in the poll, I would had voted on that.

jolle.

·
Registered
1979 Phaeton Coupe, 1990 Brougham d'Elegance 5.7 liter
4,416 Posts
Turbine discs. IMO, way cooler on pre-1977 caddies.

·
Registered
1992 Cadillac Brougham 5.7L
78 Posts
take pictures of them on the cars....and post it here.....it'll make it easier to decide for us......and you..

·
Registered
1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX
34,087 Posts
I voted discs. Wires just don't look right on the pre '77 generation. Discs are perfect for '70s cars, but IMO discs are a thing of the '80s.

·
Registered
2010 CTS (Elvis) 1964 Impala (Betty) 1991 Miata (Dolly)
14,333 Posts
I love the turbine vaned discs. I've never liked those wire hubcaps. Too gaudy for my taste. If you found a set for $40 on eBay, snap those babies up.

·
Registered
1979 Phaeton Coupe, 1990 Brougham d'Elegance 5.7 liter
4,416 Posts
I can't remember, are your wires the kind with the lock in the middle, or by the rim? Or do they even lock?

·
Registered
1979 Coupe Deville
414 Posts
I've never seen a Caddy wheelcover I didn't like. Those turbines look really nice, but I love the wires too. Either would look good on that '76. When it comes to wire wheels, I tend to lean towards the old 50s/60s style over the newer ones. Those aftermarket ones with the spinners look bitchin' too.

·
Registered
1993 Sedan DeVille, 1978 Coupe DeVille (Project Car)
54 Posts
Dopestar,

What type of wire wheel covers are they? Do they have the lock in the middle or on the edge of the hubcap, or no lock. Please let me know, I would be interested in purchasing them if they have the lock on the opposing ends. I am located in Clifton, NJ.
Email: [email protected]

·
Registered
1987 Brougham 1978 Seville
254 Posts
I too vote for the the turbine vane disc. I would also vote for the sable black centers on them that where part of the de'elegance package. Hubcap.com has them and will even paint them for you however they are 90 bucks a piece. :bigroll:

·
Registered
2010 CTS (Elvis) 1964 Impala (Betty) 1991 Miata (Dolly)
14,333 Posts
Well bought, Dope. I've always liked that design. Very classy. You'll probably be able to sell the wires for substantially more.

I thought it was hilarious that I bought a mint hood ornament on eBay for $16, then sold my faded one for twice that. God, I love eBay.

·
Registered
6,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Dopestar,

What type of wire wheel covers are they? Do they have the lock in the middle or on the edge of the hubcap, or no lock. Please let me know, I would be interested in purchasing them if they have the lock on the opposing ends. I am located in Clifton, NJ.
Email: [email protected]
They have the lock on the edge and if you want 'em, make me an offer and they're yours. :D

Being in Clifton we can arrange a meet in Wayne too to pick 'em up.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts