2006 Stealth Gray CTS 3.6VVT 6MT
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Registered
2003 SLS
322 Posts
Re: China-Only SLS debuts in Beijing

With the average wage being $5K per year how is GM going to sell these units there? I mean how much is a used rick shaw worth, trade-in-wise?

·
Banned
2008 CTS
1,192 Posts
Why the feck couldn't GM offer a 4 inch longer version in the US. With my seat in a comfortable driving position the back seat is about useless. My wife has an 07 Saturn Aura with plenty of back seat leg room. GM's loss of market is really their own fault.

·
Banned
STS, XLR, STS V-Series, CTS V-Series, XTS....
3,404 Posts

Hello,
Keep in mind that these vehicles are going to be purchased by very wealthy people, hence the chauffeur-driven remark in the article. People or companies that purchase this car typically will not be concerned with the price of the vehicle nor the gas prices. Just FYI. :) Plus with the booming economy in China and given Buicks phenomenal success there this is a good move for Cadillac. Maybe not so much for the STS, but if they ever release the new CTS over there it would be well received.
Thanks,

With the average wage being $5K per year how is GM going to sell these units there? I mean how much is a used rick shaw worth, trade-in-wise?

·
Registered
2000 STS RHD 194,150 miles. what's a speed limiter???
219 Posts
wow, a cadillac made by the chinese!
whatever next, apple pie, oh sorry, they already do that, don't they?

·
Registered
'06 STS V8 RWD - Black Raven/Cashmere - no ACC
316 Posts

it looks like the 2008 STS... check the grill...

I posted a while ago when spyshots of 2008 STS were released that it looks longer than the current one...

maybe,, maybe not

·
Registered
Cadillac
30 Posts

Here's a pic of today's Shanghai. Rickshaw you say? :)

There's a billion people there. Of those, there's about 100 million with plenty of disposable income. :)

·
Registered
2003 SLS
322 Posts

DISPOSABLE INCOME you say? How much? The facts remain: average wage being $5K per year.

·
Registered
Ex-99 Deville and 04 DTS owner. Now 05 DTS and 07 Audi S6 owner. 5.2L V10 power!
864 Posts
GM is so retarded. Why the hell are they giving the Chinese a hell a better STS than us? 4 inches longer? Americans are by far a lot taller than Chinese people. No racism intended. And made in China? Its an American car made in China. How dumb can it get?

·
Registered
Ex-99 Deville and 04 DTS owner. Now 05 DTS and 07 Audi S6 owner. 5.2L V10 power!
864 Posts

American car made in China. That's all I'm gonna say.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.