Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Cadillac DTS
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fooled around one day with the child door lock on the left rear door. I don't think it had ever been used. Seems like something let go and now I can't get it off. I expect I'll have to get a dealer or a body shop type to remove something to fix it. Anyone have a better suggestion?

12,882 Posts
Dear Allan McIntosh,

I completely understand the frustration that you are having from this issue.

I recommend that the best place to seek more information about this situation would be to contact General Motors of Canada Customer Assistance Center. Their toll free telephone number is 1-800-263-3777. Their hours of operation are Monday through Friday 7:30am - 11:30pm EST and Saturda 7:30am - 6:00pm EST.

Sincerely,
Michelle P., Cadillac Customer Service (assisting Jeff Morris)

12,882 Posts
Ha ha ha. Yes we do. Michelle was helping me take care of the site while I was swamped with work from this and a few other sites. She is my backup for this forum. We've been working on this forum for over a year now. I'm glad to see that our presence is to your liking.

Jeff Morris, Cadillac Customer Service

·
Registered
2008 DTS LUX III
15 Posts
Did you get the door working? I had a guy in the back seat today and he couldn't open the door from inside. I assumed the child lock was on...but it wasn't. The position of the knob/switch had no effect. I am calling the dealer tomorrow...I only have a hundred miles left on the warranty!

·
Registered
2008 DTS LUX III
15 Posts
Thanks, Jeff.
I took it to the dealer as I was leaving town on a business trip (which I am always having to do) and they had it fixed in 20 minutes while I waited. I have had so much better service at the dealership with the Cadillac than I have had with any vehicle!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts