Cadillac Owners Forum banner
5K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  Ralph 
#1 ·
Sorry for the manipulation I just needed a immediate response to this query! Thanx fellas!

Do any of you out there know if there are kits for putting a dvd players in my CTS? Or if the stock Navigation system plays dvd's? I wanted to just take out the info system and 6 disc in dash and replace it with a DVD screen.

#9 ·
At least find a pic to post of the twin peaks..

You know, I think you could probably do the DVD switcheroo. I am fairly certain that the screen itself would most likely have to be switched out, if for anything else, because it most likely does not have the inputs you would need for video signal. I mean you could most likely solder in a video converter but you're now getting into interpreting schematics. The replacement screen itself would not be expensive, and most likely you can sell the navigation system components and recover a good portion of the money you'd spend on the DVD conversion. A good high end audio shop or a professional electronics hobbyist could do the transistion for you. ALSO, in Germany, there are companies and DIY kits readily available that convert the navigation screen into a TV/DVD screen for newer Mercedes and BMW's without having to do without the navigation. Good luck!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.