Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
1988 Sedan deVille, 1997 Sedan deVille
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here are some early chick-mobiles I dug up while surfing the web. Some go way back -- others not quite so far. Check 'em out and add to them if you think of more. I'm sure there were tons of cars marketed to women over the decades. :)

She somehow reminds me of Laura Bush -- don't ask me why...:confused:

Wonder what Mary Kay though of this shade of pink?

Banana Yellow - one of my all time favs...

(Nice hat, sister... :thepan: )

Ah yes, the Firebird Esprit... Which was chickier; the Esprit or the Camaro Berlinetta?? Hmmm.....

Attachments

·
Registered
'93 Cadillac 60 Special; '03 Lincoln TownCar Limited ED
5,929 Posts
It's Moulan Rouge on a Plymouth and Panther Pink on a Dodge, and I sold 3 of them....all to GUYS !....and NO to that thoght !

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sandy said:
It's Moulan Rouge on a Plymouth and Panther Pink on a Dodge, and I sold 3 of them....all to GUYS !....and NO to that thoght !
Panther Pink ?? Was that really what they called it? LOL !! :bouncy:

Too funny... just so '70s

·
Registered
5,929 Posts
I did !! Two of them. Wife's 1988 Sedan de Ville (1988) and my 1986 Mark 7 in 1959 T-Bird Flamingo Pink ! We stopped trafiic when they were out in the driveway side-by-side. Cool Fun, ya only go round once....

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
Sandy said:
I did !! Two of them. Wife's 1988 Sedan de Ville (1988) and my 1986 Mark 7 in 1959 T-Bird Flamingo Pink ! We stopped trafiic when they were out in the driveway side-by-side. Cool Fun, ya only go round once....

Cool!

I love the Mary Kay Pink!

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
mccombie_5 said:
I'm comfortable enough with my sexuality to drive a pink car!
Oh yeah, same here. Wouldn't bug me a bit. Just the funny looks from people as you drive by in a pink car... hmmmm..:holycrap:

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
airbalancer said:
I always thought a V6 Camaro was a Chick car
Oh but it was. The Berlinetta model was marketed to girls. One of my buddies in college had one and we'd all tease him about his car and perhaps being "that way"; course he wasn't, as he got married and had 3 kids. Not that that means anything I suppose, but... oh forget it... I'm drifting...:Offtopic:

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sandy said:

Holy Crap !! Nice ranch Sandy !! If I'm every in Jersey I know where to crash for the night... :thumbsup:

Dang, your '88 DVL is in cherry shape!! My wife's '88 is nice but not that nice...

·
Registered
5,929 Posts
I never saw one of those Vega Cabriolets >>NEVER ! What year did the make those......do you know ?

·
Registered
5,929 Posts
1) The 1988 Caddy I bought used, in 1990, with just 13,000 flawless miles on it, from the local Mary Kay DISTRICT MANAGER, therefore she didn't have to travel as much, and only put 6,500 a year on her cars. I added the Appliance Genuine Wire Wheels, the Vogue white walls and swapped out the hard cold plastic steering wheel for a year & model correct leather wrapped one. Thing ran flawlessly all the time. Sold it in 1994 with under 20,000 on it & 6 years "Old". When sold, it was still w/out a single flaw. Never saw it again, after I sold it.

2) The Mark 7 I ordered brandy new. Every possible option + SOP (Special Order Paint) = 1959 Thunderbrd & Lincoln "Flamingo"on the 'Bird and "Shell Pink" on the Lincoln.

3) That is not our house (I wish) That is the house of the man in Florida that I sold it to, in 1993 (when it was 7 years old with 7,000 miles on it!!) That house is in Puenta Gordo Florida. I am in New Jersey.

Here's a picture of our house :)

This is what we can afford AFTER I bought my Lincoln, Cadillac & 3 Mustangs & a Jeep for the son.

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
Sandy said:
1) The 1988 Caddy I bought used, in 1990, with just 13,000 flawless miles on it, from the local Mary Kay DISTRICT MANAGER, therefore she didn't have to travel as much, and only put 6,500 a year on her cars. I added the Appliance Genuine Wire Wheels, the Vogue white walls and swapped out the hard cold plastic steering wheel for a year & model correct leather wrapped one. Thing ran flawlessly all the time. Sold it in 1994 with under 20,000 on it & 6 years "Old". When sold, it was still w/out a single flaw. Never saw it again, after I sold it.

2) The Mark 7 I ordered brandy new. Every possible option + SOP (Special Order Paint) = 1959 Thunderbrd & Lincoln "Flamingo"on the 'Bird and "Shell Pink" on the Lincoln.

3) That is not our house (I wish) That is the house of the man in Florida that I sold it to, in 1993 (when it was 7 years old with 7,000 miles on it!!) That house is in Puenta Gordo Florida. I am in New Jersey.

Here's a picture of our house :)

This is what we can afford AFTER I bought my Lincoln, Cadillac & 3 Mustangs & a Jeep for the son.

We all know you hide a much much nicer house than that Sandy!!

·
Registered
'87 SDV
1,296 Posts
Sandy said:
I never saw one of those Vega Cabriolets >>NEVER ! What year did the make those......do you know ?
I think the Vega Cabriolet was made by GM of Canada, and not sold here. The tail lights are definitely not U.S.

BTW Sandy, trying to keep the property taxes down? Bet it looks like the playboy mansion inside, eh?
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
'87 SDV
1,296 Posts

The first "crossover" vehicle. Not as raw as a CJ, not as mature as a Grand Wagoneer. BTW, notice the overt sexuality in this? Three hot chicks, one guy holding his BIG surfboard. Not sure where the Great Dane fits in. Not sure I want to know.

no comment

Not a Mary-Kay car! Factory color. Ford would have painted them camoflauge if they thought they could sell the damn things.

·
Registered
5,929 Posts
That's our Summer Home, near the beach.:)

Now the truth....
I have no pictures and if I did, I have no scanner. It's a nothing special house. We own an unusual house. It's a 2 family, and we rent the 1st floor. It's a huge tax savings. However the house is a 3 story. We live on the 2nd and the 3 floors. We have between the 2nd & 3rd floors (which to us are like the 1st & 2nd floors in any other house) 4 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, 2 stoarge rooms, a living room & dining room and a kitchen and a den. The 1st floor rental has 2 bedrooms, 1 bath, a kitchen a dining room & a living room and a den. I have here a 3 car gargage and a 6 car driveway. It's a wood frame house, facing a county park, and it's light beige (paint) with white trim and a cranberry-red colored front door. There's a small-ish back yard all fenced in and the property measures a small-ish 47 feet w-i-d-e and 102 feet deep. It was built in 1933. There is no central A/C, just room units, and tiny old fashioned closets One of the 3rd fl. bedrooms I have turned into my office. There's a TV there, and it's all carpeted and the house has 44 windows in it, all new-in-1995.
There's a HUGE MAMOUTH basement, that is divided 3-ways:
The tenant's 1/3rd ~ OUR 1/3rd and a joint 1/3rd.... There are 2 washers & 2 dryers down there. From the 3rd floor to the basement is 48 steps !!
The garage is not heated & does have a power lift door.

We have very nice & polite 1st floor tenants who always pay on time. They do not have use of the driveway and have a permit to park on the street.
We pretty much live here for free, as the rent pays for the property taxes, the gardner, the heating oil and the house insurance. None of this comes directly outta my income. The house has been in the family for 33 years. There are 9 houses on the street, it's a middle-class area in a "blue-collar" town. We are "well-mixed" in the 9 houses! 1 Latino, 2 African American, 3 Jewish and 3 White American Christian. Any other questions should be submitted in writing.:)

·
Registered
5,929 Posts

Hey, that's the color of my prior Mark ! 1959 "Flamingo" That's where I ordered it from !!

1 - 20 of 113 Posts