Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
01 frontier , 89 Shelby CSX vnt
14,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well for 1/4 mile , gtp has killer top end

once again at that section of road where it merges to a two lane road , bastard rode my ass for miles before the opening , i needed to get around a drunk in a jeep , so i jumped in the throttle on this little bigger and left this gtp (rolling from 5 mph), i couldnt belive it..... he was hanging but just a few car lengths back once i got around the jeep i checked back on him to see if he had enogh room to get around me (didnt want him behind me ), by that time (65 mph in 55) i guess the gtp was really wound up and slowly went by ..for a short time the little tracker was king of the road and i had a good laugh ...wish i had the deville to give that gtp a decnt run for his blower but she was at home resting

2k1-2k2 v6 2wd tracker /automatic/performace mode/ a/c off

97 grand prix gtp coupe ...wicked fast top end , i want one !!!

·
Registered
377 Posts
the GTP's are know for wicked torque, less topend (stock) maybe he just lit the tires up like a moron or somthing? unless it was before 97, then there torqueless with topend, but weren't blown

he wasn't racing if it was a 97, or at least not at first. if they didn't just stab the gas and go, it should run 0-60 in about 6.6-6.8, high 14's. if it was a idiot just flooring it, mid to high 15's

wierd

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45
7,658 Posts
Yeah.... The GTPs do have wicked torque..... If only it powered the rear wheels, it would be a hell of a car.....

·
Registered
14,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
"he wasn't racing if it was a 97, or at least not at first. if they didn't just stab the gas and go, it should run 0-60 in about 6.6-6.8, high 14's. if it was a idiot just flooring it, mid to high 15's

wierd"

very much weird , he hung off the back door but he didnt seem able to reel me in for a good distance , but all at once it really picked up speed , dont spose a 6 cyl tracker is that fast ? i dont drive the thing very much .....

maybe he was sandbaggin at first

maybe it wasnt a gtp , sure looked like one (grilles by the headlights instead of on the bumper)

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45
7,658 Posts
The GT is the same way..... And their no where close the GTP.

·
Registered
Unicycle
11,009 Posts
SE, GT and GTP all looked the same....the only year where the grilles were down by the bumper (ugly as hell) was either 2000 or 2001....then they went back (thank you)

visiual differences were just badges, wheels and some SE's did not have a rear spioler (ugly) the SE is really slow.... I think it has the 3400.... maybe 3.1 too....which in a car as heavy as the GP makes it very, very slow.... the GT has the NA 3800, low 16 second car stock.... the GTP has the s/c 3800 which is good for low 15's stock.....

it is was a GTP, he woudl have beat you *if he were racing* it was either a SE or a GT, or he really wasn't racing....

·
Registered
377 Posts
the grand prix's are a little quicker than your giving them credit for, the 3.1 in the SE's is slow, high 16's at BEST, some came with the 3800 though. but a gt should pull off a high 15 stock, gtp either low 15 or high 14 depending on who's driving. ive heard of a few running low 14's STOCK (like 14.3), pretty rare, but if all the necessary track prep's done, in tune, with a GOOD launch, mid 14's has been done alot stock. (14.6-7)

its a good thing the SE's got the gt front bumper, still doesn't have the side molding or rear molding, but not the ugliest car ever anymore.

only visual que of a GTP, would be a chrome "GTP" emblem on the door, if it was a GT it would have body colored "grand prix gt" on the door. besides that they look the exact same.

either a GT or GTP, how embarrising for him!!!! not as bad as a v6 mustang i guess, but still, that cars got a little reputation to live up to!

test drove a GT a month or two ago, just to beat on it. it could easily lay a little rubber down, not to bad. but everywere you looked it screamed "cheap" on the inside

good kill!

·
Registered
14,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i didnt see any chrome emblems on the door when he went by , saw the grilles by the headlamps and a wing on the back , figured it was the GTP , makes sense now that i was able to make any ground on him , only to recive a very fast ricer fly by

1 - 9 of 9 Posts