Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Cadillac STS N* V8
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm contemplating trading in my '05 STS N*V8 for an 08' STS-V with 65k miles on it. The price seems decent ($26,900) so depending on what they want to give me for trade-in value I might go for it. Of course mine is paid for which is always the best car to have, but I would love to have a V. Anyways, just wondering if there are any specific things I should look out for?

·
Registered
2006 STS V8 1SF RWD
6,479 Posts
I would post this in the V specific area for better feedback...

·
Registered
2006 STS 1SF N* RWD NAV F55
705 Posts
Please GET a warranty, with it, repairs can be costly for the regular STS, and even more for the V.
Depends on what package you are getting with it.
I think there is even a 1SA package, is the lowest,1SB is the one they ship to HertZ rent a car,
and if they make it in the V, 1SG, has pretty much everything.
go to compnine.com, with your VIN, and look for the package desig.number, The ISZ means nothing.
the good extras are NAV, Cooled seats,ACC=Adaptive Cruise Control, HUD=Heads Up display.
Come back here with the Vin, and a member will fill you in on more.
I looked a one V, and it had NO extras, at all, and they asked for a HIGH price, just because it's a V.
Use your GOOD judgement. :cool::suspect:
Some of these may NOT be available , with the V !
Just my opinion, but 26K seems HIGH, for a 2005 ,depends on the package, with it.
Happy Motoring :patriot::cool2::cool:

·
Registered
05 STS4
4,241 Posts
That's a good price on an 08. 06-07 are in the low 20s 08-09 25-38 from what I've seen. Since they have all the toys miles is the only real factor.

·
Registered
06 STS-V, 06 DTS Performance - Past 91Broughamd'Elegance,76FWBd'Elegance,98STS,00Eldorado,06STS
778 Posts
Go for it, I love my V. But definitely get the warranty. As I'm sure you know, these cars are expensive to repair.

·
Registered
2008 DTS Perf-Plat, fr 11 STS, 04 DeV, 76 Eldo Con, 74 Fltwd
436 Posts
The big question is, how often do they need repairing?

They don't seem to have the FWD Northstar's head gasket problem or the DeVille's defective power windows. The MRC shocks are expensive, but will an extended warranty cover them? Likewise the brakes.

The interior photo of the Ontario car deliberately cuts off the left side of the driver's seat, where the wear is.

·
Registered
2008 DTS Perf-Plat, fr 11 STS, 04 DeV, 76 Eldo Con, 74 Fltwd
436 Posts
Guess I assumed it did, since it was so expensive and had so few options.
Why didn't they have MRC? Too expensive to recalibrate the system for a heavier engine & stiffer springs?

·
Registered
2005 Cadillac STS N* V8
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thanks guys, I just got home and had all these replies..........good stuff. I don't mind filling the tank since I live less than 3 miles from work, so I don't have to do it that often. I will check the warranty for sure. And yes I am sooooooo ready for 469 hp!

----------

Go for it, I love my V. But definitely get the warranty. As I'm sure you know, these cars are expensive to repair.
MJS, just curious, was there anything specific that you've had issues with?

·
Registered
2006 STS4 V8 1SG & 2007 STS V8 1SE
8,178 Posts
Too bad they couldn't find room for a bigger gas tank. If I owned a V, I'd only get 200 miles on a tank!

Slightly more per set of tires:)

·
Registered
2006 STS-V and 2007 STS-V The Murdalac
1,905 Posts
The range sucks but other than that I have not had any problems that I can recall right now. I did have a tie rod end wear out and a water pump die at 50k now that I think about it. I love the power. 450rwhp is a good time.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts