Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Banned
Cadillac
16,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nice car, nice power, red, black leather, 500 hp, $129,000!!!!!! GAK! ($80,000 U.S.) Still I was impressed, except the price. This thing is all engine. Put an "H" on the hood and you could land a helicopter on it! The new Z06 Corvette is $77,000 cdn, and probably a bargan at that. If I was buying, I would want the Viper.

What would you choose and why?? (between the two, if these were your only choices)

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45
7,658 Posts
Id go with the viper... You see corvettes more than vipers..... Plus, 2 extra cylinders!!!

·
Watching the Watchers
5,959 Posts
One of my best friends has owned 2 vipers. one RT/10 and one SRT-10. I wouldnt buy either of them. Keep in mind im 6'10 ish so that plays a large role. That being said. The Vette can be driven everyday, the Viper with its punishing ride, cramped quarters, and incessantly droning exhaust noise is best left as a fun car for the weekends

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Ralph said:
What would you choose and why?? (between the two, if these were your only choices)

I'd walk.

·
Banned
1995 ETC, 75 Deville, Cad500 powered 73 Apollo, 94 Mark VIII
7,971 Posts
I'd take the viper. It's just a bit more pimp than a vette. If I had that much cash though I'd make a twin-single turbo 500 (2 engines) 74 Eldo... I'm sure it could be done for 80 g's.

·
Banned
Cadillac
16,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Brett said:
One of my best friends has owned 2 vipers. one RT/10 and one SRT-10. I wouldnt buy either of them. Keep in mind im 6'10 ish so that plays a large role. That being said. The Vette can be driven everyday, the Viper with its punishing ride, cramped quarters, and incessantly droning exhaust noise is best left as a fun car for the weekends

Not to mention, only something like 8 cu. ft. of luggage space limits it to a weekend fantasy car. Still I would expect and want a loud exhaust, it would scare Civics. I noticed how low you sit and and if you are not careful, you get a nice whack on the side of your head from the windshield edge.

I'm sorry KC, anyone that is not impressed by 500 hp doesn't deserve a ride in my Cadillac. :rolleyes: bouncer:

·
Registered
1984 Fleetwood Brougham coupe
1,576 Posts
I rather spend my money on a Saleen S7.

·
Banned
1995 ETC, 75 Deville, Cad500 powered 73 Apollo, 94 Mark VIII
7,971 Posts
I saw another viper this week, bringing the count up to 3 vipers in Albuquerque (or repaints..). So there's one viper per 233,333 people.

·
Banned
Cadillac
16,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
We've got a few here, but they are the older style, like 1994 or 5. We have one Ferrari 348, yellow, in town, belongs to the son of wealthy property owners. We have 212,ooo people here. I do think the Vettes are more common. When I saw the 348 up close I thought it was a "kit car" like a Fiero with the kit, but I was wrong. I know the F50 Ferarri has just over 500 hp but the Viper has more hp than other models of Ferarri.

NineIn; you mentioned you liked the interior of the new Vette, but it has been criticized for looking too plasticy and monotone, yet it looks no better than the SRT-10's

·
Banned
Cadillac
16,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Mad'Lac, that pic looks so much like a McLaren!

The Ferrari 550 Barchetta has 485 hp and a top speed of 186 mph.
The Austin Martin Vanquish (V12) has 450 hp, and a top speed of 190 mph.
The Viper has these beat, but don't know the hp on a McLaren, or your Saleen.

·
I'm a Cadillac Fanatic!
9,575 Posts
I'd take the Vette. I don't want something that burns my legs while I'm driving. If it were an option, I'd even more-so take the new Z06. It'll be faster and more comfortable (with no plastic interior) - AND damn sexy...

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Ralph said:
I'm sorry KC, anyone that is not impressed by 500 hp doesn't deserve a ride in my Cadillac. :rolleyes: bouncer:

I'm impressed by 500 horsepower but not by either one of those cars. By the way if I wanted to be impressed by 500 horsepower why would I want to ride in your car? It wouldn't have 500 horsepower unless you were pushing it with a Peterbilt (550 Caterpillar) and under those circumstances it would be exciting but not all that much fun!

·
Registered
1984 Fleetwood Brougham coupe
1,576 Posts
Horsepower is not everything. I mean.....Vipers are nice but they can never be in the same league with Ferrari or Lambo. I mean you want horsepower take any car from the NHRA.

Puny Viper....step off before you get hurt!!!

·
Registered
1995 FTS
4,577 Posts
New Viper is ugly as hell. I'd rather have the older one. The interior is average at best with the same headunit I can get in a Neon SXT *for $80k give me a different friggin head unit!* and the Z06 does nothing for me. I'd rather have a ZR-1. But me personally would rather have a new Cobra and then have $50k for mod's.

·
Registered
Current: None Past: '94 STS, '93 Eldorado, '98 ETC, '03 CTS
6,654 Posts
I know this is going to sound cliche at a Caddy site, but I would go with the XLR for that price. Sure, it's not going to win races against the other two, but it makes up for it in pure style. Pictures don't do it justice. There is a certain presence when you stand next to one or slide behind the wheel.

·
Banned
Cadillac
16,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
gothicaleigh said:
I know this is going to sound cliche at a Caddy site, but I would go with the XLR for that price. Sure, it's not going to win races against the other two, but it makes up for it in pure style. Pictures don't do it justice. There is a certain presence when you stand next to one or slide behind the wheel.
Good choice! However, aren't they on a shared platform with the Vette?

Sal, it's cold up here now, I don't mind my feet all warm and toasty. :D

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45
7,658 Posts
I do agree that the corvette can be a daily driver.... But you said if I had to choose right now, Id still take the viper...... Around here, vipers arent common at all (ive seen 2 in 100 sq miles), and Id still have the Q45 for daily use....

1 - 20 of 60 Posts