Cadillac Owners Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
Charger Scat Pack- Auto/Corvette LS3-Auto
2,430 Posts
I’m saying by using the check valve you are just putting that gunk further back the system so instead of your intake it’s all going right into the intercooler piping.
Huh... If you stop the flow of mist BEFORE it gets to the turbo how does it make it's way to the intercooler?

·
Registered
175 Posts
Because there is second pcv valve which uses vacuum at the turbo. So you’ve blocked one and just doubled what’s going into the second.

·
Registered
Charger Scat Pack- Auto/Corvette LS3-Auto
2,430 Posts
Because there is a second PCV valve which uses a vacuum at the turbo. So you’ve blocked one and just doubled what’s going into the second.
There are actually 4 PCV valves. 3 external in the Valve Cover (2 on the side & 1 on top) and 1 internal.)
But, I believe the one you are talking about is this one.

But, it does not produce enough oil fumes to even worry about. Check with Mioshinoto if you don't believe me.
I did a bit of Red Neck Engineering and created a viewable filter.

Clean

Dirty

Check with a cotton swab.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Yes 4 I’m the guy who built my own mishi valve out of aluminum. I know this pcv system like the back of my hand.
The unfortunate part about these engines is they are all different. Look at the photos of his intake pipe.. so much worse than the blow by you were getting. So yours minimal and his is really bad, the camaro guys are finding the same thing.
1 good day of spirited driving and I’ll need to empty my can. I ended up buying a 2qt to put online before the catch cans to help. But I see what your are saying with yours.. unfortunately we are the unlucky ones and you won the draw that day lol.

·
Registered
Cadillac
16 Posts
Some very good info on the PCV system here, see page 4/5.

Looking to install a catch can system with my new engine, from my research there seems to be compromises in every system, curious where you guys are at with your research?

OEM, did you tap those side connections into side cover?

Thandel, any update an your design plans?

21 - 25 of 25 Posts