Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what check valve used on the Pcv on our cars and where and how to install it? Oemtech was initially going to sell me one but I guess asking to many questions felt I didn’t know what I was doing. Thanks

·
Registered
Charger Scat Pack- Auto/Corvette LS3-Auto
2,430 Posts
I will be more than willing to get you one in the mail. But, to install it you have to cut a line and I don't think you want to cut the OEM line as a replacement is expensive. So, I created my own setup made for some OEM parts, silicone tubing and spring style hose clamps.
2014 cadillac ats 15.jpg

OEM Part

My DIY line

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It looks pretty simple. I remember you saying that you had extra parts to build a new line is this still true? Or was it the intake?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok so I would need to cut my factory tube install your check valve then install it on the intake that you made?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
And I meant to ask did you like the trifecta tune? I had it on my Chevy Cruze. I installed a Borla Exhaust past Friday and it sounds awesome

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
Ok so I would need to cut my factory tube install your check valve then install it on the intake that you made?
Personally I would not cut a factory part unless I had a spare factory part.

Have you thought about how you are going cut the wire cover and hose underneath it? Do you know the hose ID size? How about hose clamps?

Sent from my LM-Q710.FG using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
And I meant to ask did you like the trifecta tune? I had it on my Chevy Cruze. I installed a Borla Exhaust past Friday and it sounds awesome
I had a Diablo tune and Magna Fow cat back on my ATS.

Sent from my LM-Q710.FG using Tapatalk

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
How much for everything? I talked with my local Cadillac Dealer and he said I should be alright. I just installed Borla axle back and he said I could get a can tune as long as I can switch it back to factory settings. I believe the trifecta tune can do that

·
Registered
2014 ATS 2.0T
49 Posts
How much for everything? I talked with my local Cadillac Dealer and he said I should be alright. I just installed Borla axle back and he said I could get a can tune as long as I can switch it back to factory settings. I believe the trifecta tune can do that
Trifecta can do that. I have that on mine. There stock and custom tune options; I always use transparency too. I’ve had mine into the dealership no less than 5 times and not one mention of a flash. Keep in mind- if you flash to stock, make sure to put a few miles on it so that the log verifies everything’s functioning outhouse you’ll be asked if you’ve recently had the batt disconnected.

·
Registered
2014 ATS 2.0T
49 Posts
Trifecta can do that. I have that on mine. There stock and custom tune options; I always use transparency too. I’ve had mine into the dealership no less than 5 times and not one mention of a flash. Keep in mind- if you flash to stock, make sure to put a few miles on it so that the log verifies everything’s functioning outhouse you’ll be asked if you’ve recently had the batt disconnected.
Otherwise- NOT outhouse. lol

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah I had the trifecta tune on my Chevy Cruze but it wasn’t under warranty. I talked to Michael at trifecta and he said their tune is detectable if they look hard enough. No tune is undetectable.

·
Registered
2014 ATS 2.0T
49 Posts
Yeah I had the trifecta tune on my Chevy Cruze but it wasn’t under warranty. I talked to Michael at trifecta and he said their tune is detectable if they look hard enough. No tune is undetectable.
Agreed- Mine's OOW too and nonetheless, they've never made mention of anything

·
Registered
2014 ATS 2.0T
49 Posts
I think that's more of a personal question. I have trifecta and love it. They've been amazing to work with too. That being said, I've sent the tune back asking for very precise mods a number of times, so that my car didn't drive like it was ALWAYS on the track and performed EXACTLY as I wanted it to. This sucker is QUICK and FAST too; been over 145 so far;)

·
Registered
175 Posts
I have been following this post for a while and kept quite about it but these check valves are doing you no favors as far as oil consumption and blow by. You are not seeing oil in the intake for a very simple reason... it’s being sucked in behind the turbines in the turbo..
I will post some photos of my still in progress catch can setup. I have been working on the project for too long now and am finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.
I had gone as far as building my own magic valve like the mishi one out of aluminum. I’ll post some photos later today.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I’m saying by using the check valve you are just putting that gunk further back the system so instead of your intake it’s all going right into the intercooler piping.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts