Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1989 Fleetwood Brougham d'Elegance|2018 Chevy Colorado Z71
Joined
·
6,421 Posts
I think they were called "Le Cabriolet" when they were made by the coach builders. I'd like to see one stock though and not all lowridered out.
 

·
Registered
1990 brougham
Joined
·
156 Posts
those are nice. I own a 90 brougham(family car),and know were there is a 85 coup that I can get for like 200 bucks. I would like to know how much it costs to do this conversion
 

·
Registered
'93 Fleetwood Brougham...Dad's
Joined
·
4,382 Posts
pcm said:
those are nice. I own a 90 brougham(family car),and know were there is a 85 coup that I can get for like 200 bucks. I would like to know how much it costs to do this conversion
At the bare minimum, it's usually around $10k and upward.
 

·
Registered
1990 brougham
Joined
·
156 Posts
I live in oklahoma is there a place around here that any one knows about or would I have to drive or ship it some where. there is paint shops around here that said they would but I don't think they would do a good job. I've tried cutting corners before but ended up spending more money fixing what they didn't do right.
 

·
Registered
'93 Fleetwood Brougham...Dad's
Joined
·
4,382 Posts
They mainly seem centered around places like California and Florida. The $10k figure I stated is VERY low, as most end up costing a lot more, but you'd have to actually get a quote from one to see.

Here's a well-known company in Florida that does a lot of work with GM cars:

Coach Builders LTD
 

·
Registered
1987 Brougham 1978 Seville
Joined
·
254 Posts
Hum Very interesting conversion. I was wondering where the center pillar came from? You don't see it with the top down but when it is up there it is. I think i like the coupe a little better.
 

·
Registered
'93 Fleetwood Brougham...Dad's
Joined
·
4,382 Posts
CaddymanTom said:
Hum Very interesting conversion. I was wondering where the center pillar came from? You don't see it with the top down but when it is up there it is. I think i like the coupe a little better.
Good question. I'm guessing they engineered it so the center "pieces" are connected to the windows and disappear when the windows do. I think I've seen that done before.
 

·
Registered
1990 brougham
Joined
·
156 Posts
thanks this will help me alot.when I start this project I will keep ya'll informed. I will also post pix. the whole process if they will let me. I have a question off the subject. I own a 90 brougham it is white with white top & white interior. Is this a rare color combo.
 

·
Registered
'93 Fleetwood Brougham...Dad's
Joined
·
4,382 Posts
pcm said:
thanks this will help me alot.when I start this project I will keep ya'll informed. I will also post pix. the whole process if they will let me. I have a question off the subject. I own a 90 brougham it is white with white top & white interior. Is this a rare color combo.
Well, sorta. White outside is VERY common, but the white leather is pretty rare.
 

·
Registered
1990 brougham
Joined
·
156 Posts
the reason I ask is because I was thinking of doing the conversion on it to but if it is rare I will probably leave it alone.when I figure it out I will post a pix of it
 

·
Registered
1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX
Joined
·
34,087 Posts

·
Registered
94 Fleetwood Brougham
Joined
·
7,534 Posts
Only thing it is missing is suicide rear doors!!
 

·
Registered
1987 Brougham 1978 Seville
Joined
·
254 Posts
Here is a pic of my 1985 FWB towing my boat.. You should of seen the looks we got at the boat ramp. It had great torque getting the boat out of the water and up the ramp. Yes, this had the 4100 and I was towing 4500 lbs! It wasnt the quickest off the line but it sure was nice when up to speed on the highway SOrry i posted this on the wrong thread :(
 

Attachments

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Top