Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Check out one of my other toys. 1965 Ford T Bird with factory 390 and cruise o matic trans. Power steering and front disc brakes. Factory air thats ice cold and working power windows and slide away steering wheel. I know its not a Caddy but thought it would be nice to share with you guys anyway.

Attachments

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks very much. I did not do the complete restoration but I am still doing quite a bit more. In fact it still isn't done to my satisfaction. Old cars are truly a labor of love. You need a lot of determination,resourses for parts and labor and some deep pockets and a really understanding spouse. This car really turns heads whenever I take it out. Its been redone in tri coat Lincoln pearl paint(door jambs and trunk and hood underneath too) and was a very nice clean super solid car to start with. The floors and trunk are so solid you can jump up and down in them. The 390 runs very well and uses almost no oil at all. The rug is new and the headliner is original as are the seats (amazing!) I received this car as a 40th birthday present from my wife. Yes apparently I am that good!! It is a nice Sunday or occasional driver and still shows pretty damn well too. I could never commit to a full restoration of any car though. Too time/money consuming. I think that guys who do full restorations are amazingly dedicated people after I did less than half of this one and I sometimes still lose interest and mines really just about done!

·
Registered
755 Posts
I have to move this, off topic.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
7 Participants
MMNineInchNails