Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2000 Deville DHS
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These guys do a phenomenal job of making their cars look almost better than brand new. Enjoy.

·
Registered
2000 Deville Base, 2019 Corvette GS
1,354 Posts
These cars come with over spray from the factory? Look at the frame in the back and the area around the spare wheel tub at 7:42

·
Super Moderator
2003 Deville Base
6,188 Posts
sorry, not buying it. I'm with Ron93 on this. My 2003 doesn't have overspray in either area.

·
Registered
2000 Deville DHS
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
sorry, not buying it. I'm with Ron93 on this. My 2003 doesn't have overspray in either area.
A 2003 isn’t exactly a 98’.

You’re more than welcome to call the gentleman on the phone and have a friendly conversation. He replied within minutes so he’s definitely available and willing to talk about the car.

I asked and sensed nothing but the truth from his response. Instead of judging him without ever communicating, why not ask him and find out for yourself if it’s true or not? I’m interested in the outcome.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Having over spray on the frame rails where I pointed to is really suspicious. I have never seen that on any car from a factory, regardless of year or how cheap the car is.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
A 2003 isn’t exactly a 98’.

You’re more than welcome to call the gentleman on the phone and have a friendly conversation. He replied within minutes so he’s definitely available and willing to talk about the car.

I asked and sensed nothing but the truth from his response. Instead of judging him without ever communicating, why not ask him and find out for yourself if it’s true or not? I’m interested in the outcome.
You have been around here long enough and seem like a car guy, does this over spray seem normal TO YOU? He's a car saleman what do think he would say.

·
Registered
2000 Deville DHS
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The man’s only a phone call away. Why “talk about it”, when you can talk about it? Lol.

Btw, they’re asking $29,000 for the car.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
I have a call in to a expert on these older cars, if he gets back to me and sheds some light I will post it up. If anybody knows anything this guy will.

·
Registered
2000 Deville DHS
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
If your asking this question seriously maybe your not a car guy after all.
Lets be clear, there’s no way on earth I’d pay that much for that car. Period. I simply wanted clarification on whether he was talking about it not selling for that price, or them having to look at the paint on the underbody.

It’s all good.. Just wanted clarification.

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
74,069 Posts
Not a hint of any "overspray" anywhere on my 2002 and the underbody is as clean as that Deville.

Inside the LR wheelwell when I did the EBC brake job -

LR rotor & pads.JPG

Inside the RF -

RF OEM2.jpg.JPG

1545 today - Just looked at a 1997 Deville up on Charlie's lift - no overspray there, either.

The red spray in the For Sale clip is from a repaint - no doubt about it. It IS a decent-looking car.

·
Registered
2000 Deville DHS
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I have a call in to a expert on these older cars, if he gets back to me and sheds some light I will post it up. If anybody knows anything this guy will.
Why not call the guy directly though? I don’t get it…

Me personally, if and when I’m sure about something and someone’s claiming otherwise, I’m chomping at the bit at the chance to talk head to head and prove them wrong. You actually have your chance here because the guy’s a phone call away and the car’s still for sale.

If I were you, not only would I have already called the guy from the email, but I would’ve asked to speak directly to the guy in the video and ask him flat out if the underbody of that car looks normal to him. How are you not taking advantage of this opportunity??

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Why not call the guy directly though? I don’t get it…

Me personally, if and when I’m sure about something and someone’s claiming otherwise, I’m chomping at the bit at the chance to talk head to head and prove them wrong. You actually have your chance here because the guy’s a phone call away and the car’s still for sale.

If I were you, not only would I have already called the guy from the email, but I would’ve asked to speak directly to the guy in the video and ask him flat out if the underbody of that car looks normal to him. How are you not taking advantage of this opportunity??
Because I don't trust this guy and he would say anything to get that car to sell. I don't know the truth on those cars so anything he would tell me I would have to believe, that's why I called a third party who knows these cars and that have no horse in the race. Lets be clear here, I could care less if this guy is telling the truth because I am not buying the car, but I noticed the over spray, thought it seemed odd and brought it to the forums attention for maybe some clarification. I don't like people trying to rip off other people by misrepresenting the facts of a car to further their agenda.

·
Registered
2000 Deville DHS
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Unless there’s somekind of conspiracy about all mint condition 98’ Burgundy Devilles…

Here’s the link to check it out for yourself.

I knew that man wasn’t lying to me. How’d I know? It’s called intuition. If there’s 1 thing I hate, it’s liars. I can smell them a mile away. Not all car dealers are created equal. As far as I’m concerned, those guys are solid.

·
Master of the Dark Art of Diagnostics
2003 DHS - two-2002 DHS, 2003 SLS, 1995 Sedan DeVille, 1989 Coupe DeVille
21,157 Posts
Unless there’s somekind of conspiracy about all mint condition 98’ Burgundy Devilles…

Here’s the link to check it out for yourself.

I knew that man wasn’t lying to me. How’d I know? It’s called intuition. If there’s 1 thing I hate, it’s liars. I can smell them a mile away. Not all car dealers are created equal. As far as I’m concerned, those guys are solid.
=====================
sounds like SOMEONE has a BROMANCE going on -

·
Super Moderator
2003 Deville Base
6,188 Posts
=====================
sounds like SOMEONE has a BROMANCE going on -
now, Bass, let's be nice. As for calling the guy and asking for the truth, do we think he's going to cave and say "sorry, I lied"? Of course not.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts