Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 96' eldorado ,good shape, well maintained but I keep getting this check oil level message everytime I start the car up. It dosen't matter if the car is warm or cold . The level is fine and even if I've just changed the oil it keeps happening . Any ideas ?

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,987 Posts
Clean the oil level sensor connector. If you still get the message, R & R the sensor. Don't pull the sensor with a full crankcase though. You'll dump about 2 qts down the side of the pan when you pull the sensor.

·
Registered
Cadillac
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks ranger I'll try that. Sorry it took me so long to reply I have been recouperating from a surgery and I have been out of the loop for awhile. But I will definately try this when I am on my feet again.

·
Registered
01 Eldo ETC, 02 Deville SOLD!
1,815 Posts
Thanks ranger I'll try that. Sorry it took me so long to reply I have been recouperating from a surgery and I have been out of the loop for awhile. But I will definately try this when I am on my feet again.
Actually, it will be much easier if you're on your back...

Sorry, just couldn't resist that one. :)

BOL recovering from the surgery anyway, and try Ranger's suggestion - if the level seems fine, then it's almost gotta be the sensor. They can get whacked around a lot and go south on you, especially if you get the ham-handed changes at Jiffy-Lube and the like...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts