Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2003 CTS
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 03 cts with the 3.2 v6 and the check gas cap message has been coming up on the radio and the check engine light has come on. I changed the cap but still no change. The code is a P0440 code, so i know it has to do with the EVAP system, but beyond that im lost. Its currently 7 degrees out so I rather not lay on the floor for hours looking for loose hoses or kinks, so if there is any suggestions anyone has that might make it a quicker fix, it would be much appreciated. I know its hard to diagnose EVAP problems but if its something simple I would like at least a chance to fix it myself for cheaper.

However likely I will have to bring it to a mechanic, any ballpark ideas how much it will run to troubleshoot and fix? I realize it could be many things but money is tight so I would like an idea before I try to bring it in.

Thanks all.

·
Registered
2003 CTS 1SC Luxury Sport
1,017 Posts
Did you replace it with a gm cap? These cars are very picky and aftermarket really isn't up to par with today's EVAP systems

·
Registered
2010 Black CTS 3.6L RWD , 2010 Silver CTS 3.6L RWD
51 Posts
Hmmmm!!!!

----------

Did you replace it with a gm cap? These cars are very picky and aftermarket really isn't up to par with today's EVAP systems
Sounds like something that someone who works at a GM Dealership would say!!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts