Cadillac Owners Forum banner

81 - 87 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac STS V
118 Posts
I'm running the W4M tune and just drove over a thousand miles from CT to FL and had no problems with the car over heating and the temps were hit the 100's a few times in the trip. I did however get the infamous bad cat code when I got down here. But I got it already once 15,000 miles ago before the tune and had it replaced. So I think its just the car not the tune.

·
Registered
'06 STS-V; '10 STS 1SG; '08 Escalade, '08 Escalade EXT
504 Posts
I'm running the W4M tune and just drove over a thousand miles from CT to FL and had no problems with the car over heating and the temps were hit the 100's a few times in the trip. I did however get the infamous bad cat code when I got down here. But I got it already once 15,000 miles ago before the tune and had it replaced. So I think its just the car not the tune.
How many miles do you have now? Which side Bank 1 or Bank 2 the first time?

·
Registered
Cadillac STS V
118 Posts
Passanger side the first time and the code is the something 30 this time. Not sure what side that it. First time was at about 30,000 I think and this time is just over 50,000.

·
Registered
2015 BMUU 335i MSport, 2006 STS-V--2005 CTS-V ( traded in)
25,514 Posts
I've driven the car back and forth to OKC this past week (about 500 miles) and temps are back to 100-102 during the day. The car is back to normal with temps, and while on the highway cruising at 85 water temps actually show at one division below the half mark with the stock ECM. A definite difference than before. I have no doubt anymore what the problem was and that it's now solved.

Glad to see / hear no one else has had to deal with it. Trust me, it sucked and you do not want to.

On a mileage note, the gas around home I use is Shell 93 octane, with some ethanol mix (they say up to 10%), which I filled up before I left. Cruising up to OKC I ran 75-80 the majority of the way (DIC avg showed 64mph) and the average mileage showed as 21.7mpg. Up in Oklahoma they only have 91 octane and it is ethanol free. Driving back I ran a good portion at 85-90, around 100 miles of it, and the rest around 80. The DIC shows an avg speed of 68mph and mileage came out as 21.4mpg. Overall I guess not a lot different gas mileage wise despite the higher speeds for a much longer distance.

·
Registered
06 STS-V, 08 STS-V, 14 Raptor, 12 Camaro SS, 08 FJ
1,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #86
Wow! this thread was 3 pages down.

UPDATE!!!

Just drove home with a new Cat and new rear diff. Problem solved and NO issues getting dealer to replace under warrenty.

Technically the rear diff wasn't bad, it was whining from day one so I know they didn't shim it right during installation. Never the less they put a new one in. I called the dealer and asked if I could have the old diff. Since there was nothing worng with it why not have a spare for that "out of warrenty repair".. Still waiting to hear the answer.

I'll drive it for a couple of weeks to make sure it won't need to go back, then the tune gets put back on.

81 - 87 of 87 Posts