Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1995 SLS
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys(n gals)!
1995 SLS, 80k when bought 6 months ago, 115k now. Replaced plugs and wires, PCV, all filters, all fluids, replaced FPR and scrubbed EGR upon purchase. Transmission shift sensors replaced as well last month. Only problems are making a strut noise, going to replce with a passive one from strutmasters.com and I just got a check engine light about a week ago, assumed it's an O2 sensor. I just got done driving to NJ from VA and averaged 26.1 MPG, usually I average around 22MPG.

My question is do you think I should fix?

Engine does seem to run a little loud, I think I am slowly losing coolant somewhere and do burn a bit of oil, not alot and I know "some" is normal. Is there an aproximate measure for "some"?

I fear headgasket whenever I hear a hiccup so I don't want to be paranoid.

Merry Christmas and I appeciate the help!

·
Registered
115 Posts
hey man, your my hero, i want to do the exact thing ur doing, go on with your bad self, i get around 10.7 mpg and i hope to get at least 20 after iam done with all my stuff

·
Registered
115 Posts
you could get a dynomax catlast coverter and a pair of dynomax mufflers with some fresh shinny new tips to make your car breathe better ( better mpg, go faster, and sound like a 16 cylinder bentley gt)

·
Registered
1995 SLS
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think I saw Ranger tell somebody to use 2 and 1/2 all the way back one time. I'll search the thread, if that's accurrate that'll be in the works, I'd love to get about 200k outta this baby and then I'm gonna buy a brand new STS.

·
Registered
115 Posts
deskjockey said:
I think I saw Ranger tell somebody to use 2 and 1/2 all the way back one time. I'll search the thread, if that's accurrate that'll be in the works, I'd love to get about 200k outta this baby and then I'm gonna buy a brand new STS.
wow iam going to do the same thing! lol im probably gonna get the 2011 cadillac sts

·
Registered
115 Posts
deskjockey said:
Hey guys(n gals)!
Transmission shift sensors replaced as well last month. Only problems are making a strut noise, going to replce with a passive one from strutmasters.com
why did u decide to go with strut masters instead of arrnott or anything else? please tell me, i need to choose fast, which one should i go with?

·
Registered
13 Challenger RT, 11 CTS Coupe Premium, 94 Eldorado (RIP)
1,306 Posts
:coffee: I'll be waiting. :bouncer:

Unless I am on 1st shift, I am a night owl. Even then, I rise early. :batty:

Thanks for the compliment

·
Registered
115 Posts
Eldyfig said:
:coffee: I'll be waiting. :bouncer:

Unless I am on 1st shift, I am a night owl. Even then, I rise early. :batty:

Thanks for the compliment
my friends get freaked out when i tell them i dont no what sleeping is

·
Cadillac Technician
none
11,051 Posts
If the check engine light is on it means that a diagnostic test has failed that would make your car exceed EPA emissions standards by at least 1.5 times.
Regardless of any percieved advantages, you should have it diagnosed and repaired.
I wouldn't worry so much about an oil leak, but I'd fix any coolant leaks you can find.

·
Registered
'94 Seville STS
68 Posts
deskjockey said:
Hey guys(n gals)!
...and I just got a check engine light about a week ago, assumed it's an O2 sensor.
Why assume? Check your engine codes, and know for certain what your problem is, then you'll have a much better idea of what you need to fix.

·
Registered
1995 SLS
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
deabionni said:
Why assume? Check your engine codes, and know for certain what your problem is, then you'll have a much better idea of what you need to fix.
your absolutely right,i haven't let the car sit long enough for repairs, I probably put on 50 to 60k a year.

·
Registered
1995 SLS
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
OKay here's the codes, just checked em this chilly morning...
PO36
PO69
PO74
SO44
SO63
SO73

Any help is appreciated, God Bless!

·
Registered
1995 SLS
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ok I think I have a grip on all the codes 'cept for the PO69 and SO73. Somebody fly out here and fix my car. ;}

·
Registered
20 Posts
guys!
I have a 95 SLS w/N* and 156K+ on it. I drive around 35+ miles everyday to work and back. All freeway or backroads with few stops. I average 25+mpg as long as I don't have to go city driving. That stop and go really kills me and at the price of premium fuel now, I don't detour.
She's due for a tune up. I'll give this a try too!

·
Registered
20 Posts
LOL,

Funny you should ask! I'm getting ready to do a much needed strut/shock replacement now. See my post below yours. "95 SLS Monroe strut/shock #'s?" I'm still researching to make sure the monroes will work. Cadi dealer I talked with yesterday wants 900.00 for struts alone. RIGHT!!!:banghead:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts