Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I have a 1997 Cadillac Deville Concours and I just recently had my O2 sensor replaced. Before this I had a tune up and the guy reset the light and it coming back on so I had the O2 sensor replaced. I have posted here about my a gasoline smell in my car and it turns out when I checked the fuel rail that I had put on that it is leaking. I am going back to the dealership on Monday to get that taken car of, but I was wondering would that leak cause that light to come on. If this is not the problem then what would cause that light not to want to stay shut off?

·
Cadillac Technician
none
11,051 Posts
The fuel leak should not turn on the light. You need to check the codes in the car for us to help you further than that.
Lots of things can turn the light on.

Start the car, on the climate control head press off and warm (the red button) at the same time, hold them for a few seconds.
The DIC should display any codes.
Pressing off repeatedly when the display says "PCM?" will take you back out of diagnostics.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
caddywoman28 said:
Hello I have a 1997 Cadillac Deville Concours and I just recently had my O2 sensor replaced. Before this I had a tune up and the guy reset the light and it coming back on so I had the O2 sensor replaced. I have posted here about my a gasoline smell in my car and it turns out when I checked the fuel rail that I had put on that it is leaking. I am going back to the dealership on Monday to get that taken car of, but I was wondering would that leak cause that light to come on. If this is not the problem then what would cause that light not to want to stay shut off?
Here is what I got:
PCM P0135 CURRENT
PCM P300 HISTORY
NO IPC CODES
ACM B1347 CURRENT
NO SDM CODES
NO TCS CODES
RSS C1738 CURRENT
RSS C1783 HISTORY
RSS C1785 HISTORY
PZM B0533 HISTORY
PZM B1971 HISTORY
PZM B1982 HISTORY
NO IRC CODES
NO RFA CODES
NO CCP CODES
NO MSM CODES
NO MMM CODES

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,792 Posts
P0135 - Heated Oxygen Sensor (HO2S) Heater Performance Bank 1 Sensor 1
P0300 - Engine Misfire Detected
B1347 - Very Low A/C Refrigerant Warning

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ranger said:
P0135 - Heated Oxygen Sensor (HO2S) Heater Performance Bank 1 Sensor 1
P0300 - Engine Misfire Detected
B1347 - Very Low A/C Refrigerant Warning
Ok what does that all mean. The A/C thing I know about cause I need to get a compressor for the A/C. I also just got a O2 sensor replaced (lower). Also what does engin misfire mean?

·
Super Moderator
86,792 Posts
Engine misfire means that the engine is not running on all 8 cylinders. Have you had plugs and wires replaced? Many of us, myself included have had a misfire problem soon after the fuel rail recall. It seems that moving those old wires around tends to make them fail.

There are 4 O2 sensors on your car. Maybe this is a different one. Bank 1 Sensor 1 is on the right bank (firewall side) exhaust manifold.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Ranger said:
Engine misfire means that the engine is not running on all 8 cylinders. Have you had plugs and wires replaced? Many of us, myself included have had a misfire problem soon after the fuel rail recall. It seems that moving those old wires around tends to make them fail.

There are 4 O2 sensors on your car. Maybe this is a different one. Bank 1 Sensor 1 is on the right bank (firewall side) exhaust manifold.
Well I just had a tune up about a month ago and wouldn't that service change the wires? Also I went to autozone to see what o2 sensor was changed. Like I good girl I kept the old part and the box that new part came in so I know what was fixed. FYI It was the one before the converter. They also reset my light and also told me to check the wires. So I will be taking it back it to the place that tuned it up to have them check it again. *sigh* I'm just real frustrated right now, but thanks for all of you help.

·
Cadillac Technician
none
11,051 Posts
Technically there are 3 sensors "before" the converter.
They might have replaced the one directly in front of the converter.
Bank 1 sensor 1 should be in the manifold though, and with an O2 sensor heater performance code you could be looking at a wiring problem or a faulty O2 sensor.
Someone who knows what they are doing needs to look at the car.
P0300 codes can be caused by lots of stuff besides plug wires.
Some places include it in the "tune-up", some don't.
Modern plug wires usually last for a good long time. Back in the day you replaced them everytime you did the plugs.... which was also quite often.
P0300 should be a condition that you can feel when driving the car as it's an indication that a cylinder is not firing properly. If you are not noticing a misfire problem it could have been something like a touch of bad gas that is now long gone.

I was going to suggest checking fuses but I see that the PCM controls the power for the heater on that sensor, which means that you either have a wiring problem or another bad O2 sensor. Oh or Heaven forbid they replaced the wrong one last time (is it the same code?)

·
Super Moderator
86,792 Posts
I might add, that I noticed you mentioned Autozone. I have heard others say that they have had bad luck with anything but A/C Delco (OEM) O2 sensors.

If the one that was replaced before was immediately before the converter, that was Bank 1 Sensor 2.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts