Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2016 ATS-V
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2016 ATS-V, chronic issues with this car, it has spent A LOT of time in the shop, initially for battery issues and it would not charge or would leave me stranded somewhere completely dead without any warning. NOW it is something with the engine and I am hoping someone can steer me in the right direction. In June my AC started running warm, not hot just warm, noticed one of the fans would not turn on, took it to the dealership, had the fan replaced and done (note that the engine NEVER got hot at all)...at the end of July I was at a gas station filling up and when I started the car after filling up, the check engine light came on then it started to get really warm, the service department had the car for over a week and had to replace the ECM? my car only has 29,600 miles...ok whatever I thought, and bam today 2 weeks after I got my car back the check engine light is on AGAIN. I am at my breaking point with this car, first my mother has been in and out of the hospital, when I call the dealership they tell me I can use the shuttle, which will NOT work getting my mother to and from MULTIPLE appointments AND for week+ at a time it is there getting "fixed", second I am about to start my nurse practitioner program and I DO NOT have time to be in a car that needs to be taken in so much. I actually went into the dealership today to see what they had to say because I still have a little over a year left on my lease(they told me to email them the service records on the car (which is at the SAME dealership), and I am honestly just over it I am not asking for a new car I just want it FIXED. I am EXTREMELY patient when my car is in the shop for all these reasons that it has been in there (granted I am driving a loaner car that doesn't live up to my V which I don't care) but I feel at this point this is just ridiculous. I am debating lemon lawing the car, not sure how difficult this is or what it entails I paid/pay good money for this car and it's just ridiculous what I have had to go through and endure. is there anyone else I can contact? at this point, I am glad I didn't buy this car cause I wouldn't sell it to my own worst enemy. any suggestions I can tell service to look at??

·
Registered
2017 ATS-V 6MT CWT Sedan, Tuned 2016 Explorer TT
661 Posts
All you told us that the check engine light is on. We need to at least know what the code is that threw the light and what symptoms you are now experiencing besides that the light is on.. If you don't have an OBD scanner, take it to autozone or another parts store and have them tell you what error codes have been stored and we will take it from there. Are you seeing any issues with the way the car is now operating?

·
Registered
1 Posts
No, I am taking it in tomorrow, I am afraid to drive it far since the last time it overheated... don't want to take any chances and get stranded being that service is closed today

1 - 3 of 3 Posts