Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in Texas and I have been used to warming up my car with the remote start to get my oil psi lower before I start driving. It’s getting hotter now and not thinking it would be an issue I remote started my car and came out right as the 10 min timer went and shut off the car I hop back in start it again and take off I’m not driving aggressively and About 15 min later across town I look down at a cel. I turn around and start to head home flipping through my display I notice that at 60 mph my rpm was at 4K I then watch my oil temp rise from 217 to 223 so I pull into a parking lot, press off and realize I forgot to put it in park , I shift to park but my display still says “accessory active shift to park” I push my e brake in having the shifter in park anyway and pop the hood to let it cool down a little, I check my oil because I had just got it changed at covert Cadillac, it was clean and full just hot as shit I hop back in drive home ( not on the highway maybe 40 mph) and its at a normal rpm. I pull into the drive way put it in park and it still tells me to shift to park accessory active, I plug in my obd and get 2 codes p0700 and p1825 knowing the (accessory active) would kill my battery I unplug and re plug my battery up start it and no code and can shift to park fine. I drive it around the next day and it seems fine no high rpm shifting well. Any guesses? Was my transmission just hot from idle? I have x pipe exhaust. Thank you if you read this

·
Registered
06 STS V
67 Posts
These cars are "quirky" to say the least. Mine will down shift hard from second to first occasionally and disconnecting the battery for a spell resets it. I think I read that when you disconnect the battery for a couple of hours? that the car relearns, including your driving pattern the first 20 miles or so. Hopefully you will have the same results with your problem cause that sounds like an expensive repair.
What kind of oil pressure are you running? I do the same as you and let the oil pressure get to below 70 lbs before I drive it. Its around 110 lbs when cold start. even waiting till its at 70 idling it will get to 120 if I punch it. when its warmed up it idles at 35 lbs.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes those r pretty much my exact oil psi counts starts at 100 if cold starting and I wait till about 50 to leave but don’t use heavy throttle and once it’s heated up idle and like 30, and yes I noticed that it picked up on my driving after the battery reset I tested the shifting doing a pull.. or 2 and it was fine now at 3/4 throttle it’s shifting at 5 rpm instead of like 3 before I unplugged the battery

1 - 5 of 5 Posts