Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
'03 Escalade ESV
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got the codes run at my local auto parts store, guy told me if could be the MAF sensor, but i got it replaced last spring along with one of the cats which I believe was the passenger side on my truck and tune up.

What could these 2 codes be? I seen something about a fuel pump?? weird thing is that past several months my gas needle goes to E all of a sudden when parked even on a flat surface, or even on start up and then about few minutes later it will go back up an I know I have gas in there anywhere from about half a tank. Not sure if this could be related if it does point to fuel pump, just putting it out there.never know ...

Let me know what you guys think...

·
Registered
03 cadillac escalade
11,902 Posts
Those are lean codes

Somewhere the fuel isn't getting to the engine

Likely the regulator but could be wrong

----------

The float is the cause of the level irregularities which is built into the pump

·
Registered
'03 Escalade ESV
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
if the fuel isnt getting into engine wouldnt it stall out?? I havent experienced any type of stalling..yet

·
Registered
2005 Escalade ESV, White Diamond Pearl
342 Posts
I had those codes come up more than once on my Expedition. Clean the Mass Air Flow sensor several times and it will probably clear it up. It could also be a vacuum leak. The Fords would crack at the PCV elbow. But I would bet on the dirty MAF sensor. Clean it until you think it is clean and then clean it again. I used electrical contact cleaner.

·
Registered
'03 Escalade ESV
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok i'll get it checked out, but light went off now. Is that normal shouldnt it stay on?

I had those codes come up more than once on my Expedition. Clean the Mass Air Flow sensor several times and it will probably clear it up. It could also be a vacuum leak. The Fords would crack at the PCV elbow. But I would bet on the dirty MAF sensor. Clean it until you think it is clean and then clean it again. I used electrical contact cleaner.

·
Registered
03 cadillac escalade
11,902 Posts
sosatyme72 said:
ok i'll get it checked out, but light went off now. Is that normal shouldnt it stay on?
That just means the pcm isn't detecting the issue anymore
That doesn't mean it may not come back

I would at least clean the mass air flow sensor and see how it does

·
Registered
08 Escalade ESV awd, 05 Yukon Xl Denali awd, 06 SRX sold
1,852 Posts
I had a drop in on mine and it would code only on very hard accel, normal driving was ok, still put the stock back, someone gave me the K&N so i passed it along as well

·
Registered
03 cadillac escalade
11,902 Posts
sosatyme72 said:
No ..I dont have one its stock!
Clean the maf sensor and see if the code returns if so then the sensor is bad

----------

wesyder said:
I had a drop in on mine and it would code only on very hard accel, normal driving was ok, still put the stock back, someone gave me the K&N so i passed it along as well
Mine did the same
My mom's 02 went nuts with the k&n

Both now run the stock filter no problems with either truck
Now what to do with the k&n filters

1 - 13 of 13 Posts