Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
cts
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the CE light came on yesterday, took the car to Advance Auto to decipher, and had the following codes:

p0496 evap emission sytem high flow purge

b0561 ABS system disabled information

u1016 lost communication with ecm

Now my understanding of the CE is that it is primarily related to emissions. i see no reason for the ABS code to trip it, but could the ECM issue possibly do so?

Figuring that I may have a fuse related problem with the ecm and abs codes thrown, I checked the 2 ecm fuses and the 50-amp ABS fuse, all were ok. Got back in the car, turned the ignition twice and nothing happened, turned it a third time and the car started right up and the CE light was off. Hmmm. Strange.

I know there is a tsb for the evap issue, will deal with that at the dealer. Any comments on the Ecm or the ABS?

·
Registered
06 CTS Sport/Luxury package
9,879 Posts
The abs may not turn on the light. However, using a good scan tool will read the computer. Most scan tools only scans the ECM and TCM (transmission). So your advance auto parts has that better scanner, lucky. As for the reason for the disable. It maybe nothing, could of happened in the past. Like too much snow on the brake sensors or what not.

As for the turning the key a few times. Well that is because you removed the fuse(s) for the ECM. Basically it was double making sure it was the proper key. So that is ok.

KOT

1 - 3 of 3 Posts