Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
79 DeVille (Sedan), 96 DeVille, 05 DeVille
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello again,
I installed a remote start (Avital 5103L) in my 1996 DeVille, Kind of a pain especially the trunk and door locks had to be wired from behind the back seat. The problem is now after I start it by remote the Check Engine light comes on along with the TCS light. It codes out as a PC1652, TC072, TC073. The TC codes are a serial data link fault and I googled it, and its something with the ignition switch. Makes sense as I tapped into the ign switch wires. I can reset the codes and all is fine till I use the remote start, thinking of running a wire directly from the battery for my constant 12V. Anyone out there have a clue before I take it to a professional installer? Thanks, Kim

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,792 Posts
Check the codes here.
http://myweb.accessus.net/~090/dtcobd2.html

Keep in mind that '96 was the transition year from OBDI to OBDII so any codes not found in the OBDII link above will be in the OBDI link below (those TC codes will be there).
http://myweb.accessus.net/~090/dtcobd1.html

Other than that I don't know what to tell you. There are so many systems electronically tied together on these cars that I would never attempt to add a remote start, though I know it has been done successfully.

·
Registered
No more Cadillacs
680 Posts
The most common mistake I see is because there are not enough relays in the avital units to bypass the ignition switch, and with most but not all of the ignition contacts bypassed during a remote start, the car is in an unusual configuration. We had talked before about this, I may have forgotten to mention that I had to install an additional relay in all 4 of the installations I did. Make sure that you did not miss an ignition switch contact.

·
Registered
79 DeVille (Sedan), 96 DeVille, 05 DeVille
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bigtone,
Thanks again so much! We did talk about this before, and I think you are correct, as I found another Forum (the12volt) and the wiring diagram they have shows another ignition wire. (ignition 1 is pink, ign 2 is brown and ign 3 is lt blue). My diagram shows pink as 1 and lt blue as 2 so I will take my test light and find out which wire is which and emulate the remote start the same as a regular start. Should not be a deal, LOL. Thanks so much again!! I will let you know WHEN I win this battle!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts