Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1993 60 SPECIAL
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how do i turn off check engine light on 92 sixty special 4.9 I get the following codes
E40,E98,E58,E90,E98,E.E. , .7.0
I DID NOT SEE THESE CODES ON THE LIST that explains what they mean any help whith that would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1993 60 SPECIAL
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
1992 Sixty Special problems

Have a 92 sixty special these problems Iwould like to fix for my son and daughter-in-law he is in the army. So here they are
(1) pass key control problem (2)EGR system problem (3)TCC brake switch (4)High RPM P/N to D/R shift under ESC (5) Power steering pressure switch open. Need lots of help have not done this befor.

·
Registered
1992 Sedan Deville, 1984 Lincoln Town Car
759 Posts
Re: 1992 Sixty Special problems

are these codes? or just areas of concern. I need the exact codes to look-up diagnostics in the FSM. thanks.

·
Registered
1993 60 SPECIAL
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

yes these are the codes they are e40,e48,e58,e90,e98 + I am gettting .E.E AND .7.0
thanks

·
Registered
759 Posts

I had already found your previous thread with the codes and was going reply either there or on this one. the codes are all PCM HISTORY codes. the E.E. 7.0. means there are no CURRENT codes. Is the car running? It will help to T-shoot if you clear the HISTORY codes by entering diagnostic mode, wait for the 7.0 to display then press and hold the OFF and WARMER together until you see the E.0.0 THEN THE 7.0 will display. Exit DTC mode by hitting the AUTO. Drive the car around a little while, if possible to see if the codes come back as CURRENT. then we'll know if the problems are still there.

BTW, for your own benefit in the future keep the same problem your having on just one thread. makes it easier for everybody to help you. I have my subscriptions set for this thread -not the other 2. It's easier than monitoring 3 different threads on the same problem.:thepan:

·
Registered
1993 60 SPECIAL
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks i will try and clear the codes and see what comes back,
I am new to these posts sorry about the multiple threads.:worship::worship::worship:

·
Registered
1993 60 SPECIAL
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I cleared codes and p40,p48,p90 came back as current. also where is the fuel filter located?
Thanks.:)

·
Registered
1993 60 SPECIAL
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Tried codes again when they come up the list runs 2 times the first time through I get E40,E58,E90,E98.E.E, the 2nd time the list scrolls I get E40,E48,E90,.E.E,7.0 is the first list current the second list history?
Thanks

·
Registered
759 Posts
oh good, your threads have been merged. You had 5 codes originally.
E40 = open power steering pressure switch A = Service Engine Soon
E48 = EGR system problem A = Service Engine Soon
E98 = High RPM P/N C = no telltale
E58 = Pass-key control problem C = no telltale
E90 = VCC brake switch signal problem [C/C] B= Service Engine Soon

E.E.7.0 = no current codes.

E58 and E98 went away (for now!)

E40 means the switch is OPEN (not connecting, not ON, it is OFF continuously)
E48 = EGR system
E90 = VCC ...

:welcome: forgot to say that since you are a newbie.:D
thought I would enter Dave's comment from your 3rd thread regarding "Power Steering switch ON" here, so now it's all on this 1 thread. Yay!

The switch is located on the Rack&Pinion valve body. Do the power-switch test in the computer diagnostics.
You will have to enter the diagnostic test mode on your car to t-shoot this E40 code. Do you have those instructions?

Check for broken, or disconnected vacuum lines first and foremost. Also, do you use your Cruise Control at all? I'll be back in a few. It's time for my morning coffee.

·
Registered
1993 60 SPECIAL
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
no instuctions for E40 and cruise also has stopped working a couple months ago. I will check vacume lines asap

1 - 11 of 11 Posts