Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2006 DTS
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the past month these lights have been on and off sometimes simultaneously other times one then the other. I had a leave in the cv boot before that I had replaced what could possibly be the reason now..

----------

I'm also getting codes C0561 P0174 P0171

·
Registered
2011 cadillac dts
556 Posts
First thing you have to do is to see if the all the 10 bolt of air intake manifold are loose. Judt be careful not to break the off when you tide them.

·
Registered
2006 DTS
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hope they are easy to spot its dark out now but I'll try in the morning do I need any special tools to tighten them if they are loose

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
68,441 Posts
P 0171 and P 0174 say "lean fuel mixture, bank 1 and bank 2".

So, because vacuum leaks after the throttle butterfly or air leaks at or after the MAF will set those codes, you embark on a hunt for intake ducting air leaks and hisssssesssss on the intake vacuum side.

EVAP hoses and vacuum lines, pipes, elbows, connectors and the intake manifold overpressure valve and connector plenum (? 2006 ?) should be checked.

You might want to invest in a real GM/Helm service manual set from eBay or www.helminc.com, or take out a multi-year subscription for the car to www.alldatadiy.com. It's the GM service manuals plus a LOT more.

I cannot find a "C 0561" in my OBD-II code lists.

·
Registered
2011 DTS Platinum
4,633 Posts
For the past month these lights have been on and off sometimes simultaneously other times one then the other. I had a leave in the cv boot before that I had replaced what could possibly be the reason now
I'm also getting codes C0561 P0174 P0171
If you had a CV Boot replaced, they may have disconnected the wiring plug that goes to the hub on that side...That would cause the C0561 which is the Stabilatrac code...
The P0171 and P0174 are vacuum leak codes.
This MAY be related.. do you regularly fill up your gas tank or just fill it part way?

·
Registered
746 Posts
Code C0561

EBTCM disables the traction control when other electronic control modules set DTC’s
Once you fix the P codes the C0561 will go away

Codes P0171-P0174 the ECM told the EBTCM to disable traction control. Have someone with a smoke machine find the leak for you.
If they find no leaks the ECM needs to be reprogramed with an update.

·
Registered
2006 DTS
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Going to continue the search for a leak once the weather clears up. Someone told me it is possible the MAF is bad and that's what is causing the codes.

·
Registered
2006 DTS
83 Posts
I FINALLY found my 171/174 vacuum leak with the help of a friend and a smoke machine. Mine was on a capped off un-used nipple that he said on prior models went to another device but for 2006 they kept the intake manifold but capped off that port. My cap was split and falling off. Could be your same issue. Look on the passenger side of the engine. Find the vacuum hose leading from the rear valve cover and follow it to where it connects to a long pipe with a 90 degree elbow behind the power steering pump. That is the PCV tube and while in itself could cause a leak (so check that rubber elbow while you're at it) but then take a flashlight and shine into that narrow area down and to the rear of where you see the PCV hose. There is another vacuum port toward the bottom of the big black plastic manifold. It's maybe 2 inches to the rear of the PCV elbow and maybe 2 inches below it. Really tight to get to but with long needle nose pliers you can reach it. That port was where my issue was. Putting on a new rubber cap immediately fixed my issue. Take a look there and see what you see.

·
Registered
2006 DTS
83 Posts
Thanks to eBay, I found a picture of a used 06-11 intake manifold which has the cap I am talking about still in place. That center pipe is the PCV tube (which could also be split at the elbow) and to the lower left that rubber flat-topped cap is the capped off vacuum port. My cap was totally split and barely hanging on. dts_intake.jpg

1 - 14 of 14 Posts