Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2005 STS Northstar
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2005 cts-v that I purchased almost 3 months ago with 16k miles and put a magnaflow exhaust on it 2 weeks ago.

Today I get a message on the nav unit saying "check coolant level" 2min after I turned the car on to come home from work. Any idea why this would happen to such a low mileage car?

I just saw it once.

·
Registered
2007 stsv. 2005 ctsv(r.i.p)
580 Posts
i had an 05 and there was a problem with my radiator. the coolant level would drop real fast, somewhere i think there was a recall on them..they replaced it no problem. that could be the problem..

·
Registered
2005 STS Northstar
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the heads up. If it happens a couple more times I'll call the caddy dealership.

BTW, what is normal operating temp?

·
Registered
Sedan de Ville, CTS
4,764 Posts
Once you see 235 or more, you need to start counting gray hairs. At 245, just stop and cry.

Norm should be around 197 to 220--in real hot weather.

My cars run about 197 or so on hot days.

·
Registered
2005 Cadillac CTS-V
33 Posts
I have an 05 CTS-V and had the check coolant screen come on 2 or 3 times last month. I brought it into the dealership for regular service and asked them to look at it. When I picked it up and asked them about it they said the coolant was low and they filled it up. Not as informative of an answer as I was hoping but the check coolant screen has not come on since.

·
Registered
05 CTS-V Black;08 Yukon Denali
276 Posts
I have and 05 V and had this msg at 4000mi. Took it to the dealer and they replaced the radiator under warranty. There is a known problem for certain 05 radiators (there's a TSB out on them), and it's a typically a very small leak. I never had any visable fluid leaking, as it was just enough of a leak to either burn off or dissipate, so I could not tell it was leaking until the sensor read it was low on coolant.

·
Registered
2004 Deville DHS
3 Posts
Just bought a 2004 Deville.....2 days home it started saying "check coolant level" just after starting in the a.m. If I reset the info center stuff, it goes away. Coolant level is fine and no leaks. Any info here?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts