Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
97 DeVille Base - SOLD, 2004 SRX, 2008 STS
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 97 Deville that has the check coolant level warning on, always. After checking it out a little I have found the wires connecting to the tank sensor were broken/cut/rodent chewed off. I have not been able to find out where the wire was connected to from the surge tank. Can someone tell me where to look for the other end of this wire and where to trace it so I can reconnect it together please?

So far I have the wire going to the bottom of the surge tank and it comes up to about battery level. Any help anyone can offer would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
69,105 Posts
Re: Check Collant Level Warning Broken Wires.

The level sensor connector is in the very bottom of the surge tank. To do a proper job of reconnect requires a cooling system drain and tank removal.

If you have some pigtail from the bottom of the tank, then the rest of the wire goes nto a jacketed harness near the surge tank.

Google "cadillac forums 1997 deville cooling system surge tank level sensor" or something close, always preceded by "cadillac forums ........."

·
Registered
97 DeVille Base - SOLD, 2004 SRX, 2008 STS
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes I have a few inches of wire from the bottom of the surge tank and have looked all around the tank, in fact all around the whole right side of the engine and cant find the wire to connect it to. Where does the wire connect to on the other end?

·
Super Moderator
2003 Deville Base
4,929 Posts
this is a seven year old dead thread. c_d hasn't logged on since 2013. If you're having this problem, maybe best to start your own thread.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts