Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Deville Limited Edition
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
OK, this has been driving me nuts over the last few months, come and goes, but now it's on all the time on the DIC. The coolant level never drops, it's always at the halfway mark as indicated by the MAX level for the coolant tank.

I've taken the tank off the car and cleaned it out 3 times, this has not fixed the issue.

I ordered a new tank this morning for $69.92, I hope that it's the correct one, placed the order with Autoparts Tomorrow for the ACDelco 25774005 tank, should get it next week.

Has anyone had to move parts over from their old tank to the new one ?

I'm going to use the original cap, as it seems to be in good working order. I think I might need to use the black quick fit pipe on the lower outlet, will have to wait and see on that one.

Just a little peeved off that the float level / sensor has packed up after only 7 years (2005 car) !

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
71,006 Posts
No parts to change. Sometimes the float in the reservoir loses buoyancy - pinhole - and the message comes on. Your new reservoir should come with the float/reed switch installed.

Some 1990's and early 2000's had the float go bad in less than a year - no different from any other infant mortality problem that plagues every automaker.

·
Registered
2005 Deville Limited Edition
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Update:

Two days after cleaning out / flushing out the expansion tank, the check coolent level has not shown it's self in the last 3 days ! What the heck eh ? !
I am still waiting for the replacement tank to arrive that I ordered, and as soon as that check coolant message shows up the new tank will be going in.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts