Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2004 CTS 3.6L
2,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to add an amp and sub to my CTS. And I would like the sub in the location of the stock sub. Anybody got any cheap ideas and simplest cheapest way to add an amp?

Flyflip…im looking in your direction :)

Nothing crazy custom

·
0 Posts
yeah, I need help too. I spend over $1500.00 in stereo equipment and my system is chit.

I removed the Dic and installed aftermarket radio and somehow the stock amplifer is still be used and gets in the way of the bass peaking. ALso, the front speakers raise and lower their volumes....IT'S BEEN A FREAKING NIGHTMARE AND I HATE THIS PUCKING CAR RIGHT NOW!!!!

sorry...had to vent about it. :rant2:

·
Registered
Cadillac
164 Posts
yeah, I need help too. I spend over $1500.00 in stereo equipment and my system is chit.

I removed the Dic and installed aftermarket radio and somehow the stock amplifer is still be used and gets in the way of the bass peaking. ALso, the front speakers raise and lower their volumes....IT'S BEEN A FREAKING NIGHTMARE AND I HATE THIS PUCKING CAR RIGHT NOW!!!!

Why would you run an aftermarket radio through the factory amp??? The factory amp is one of the weak spots, along with the speakers. You went to all that trouble to get rid of the DIC and and the factory radio, you might as well finish the job...

·
Registered
4,422 Posts

WOW .....who installed it.......I would take it back....I have setup a few people with killer systems for that price......

·
Registered
2006 CTS 2.8L
2,471 Posts
Is it easy to install an aftermarket amp and sub in place of factory ones? What would be the cost for a decent setup?

·
Registered
2004 CTS 3.6L
2,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hey Flip I thought I could buy like a $200 sub and $200 amp and put the sub in the stock place and screw the amp next to it. No? Is there an easy way to do that as far as wiring goes?

·
Registered
4,422 Posts
Hey Flip I thought I could buy like a $200 sub and $200 amp and put the sub in the stock place and screw the amp next to it. No? Is there an easy way to do that as far as wiring goes?

YOu could, but then you need to buy wiring, about $100, PAC convertors- $30, and you will still have the problem of the bass getting weaker when you turn up the volume due to the way that the headunit sends the signal.....THe stock units, when the volume goes up, will cut some of the bass so as not to blow the speakers....you add aftermarket it does the same.....plus a PAC convertor has a loss of sound quality anyway......

·
Registered
2004 CTS 3.6L
2,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
A powered bass tube is a pretty getto setup but wouldnt it have the same issue of the bass going down as the volume goes up? And could I still use the stock sub at the same time?

·
Registered
2004 CTS 3.6L
2,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
It will have an external bass knob....and you could still use the stock sub......not really ghetto...Bhoth has it and loves it
How is it wired for the audio signal? And do you know if there is a clean way to run a power wire to the battery? I think I saw a firewall post in the FAQ...I'll check it out

1 - 20 of 24 Posts