Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
(did) CTS-V
723 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
According to this ebay ad:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2004-CTS-V-ZO6-package-505-HP-Beautiful-Car_W0QQitemZ290138210291QQihZ019QQcategoryZ43903QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

The car came stock 405 HP and standard CST-V options. I have had a lot of work done to the car over two years bringing the total HP to 505. There is also a ZO6 corvette package on the car. There are two one chamber flowmaster mufflers in the exhaust with two 3 1/2 inch black chrome tips. A K&N cold air intake system was installed with the tornato HP/fuel saver. Computer remapping was done. I put brand new tires on yesterday.
I'm glad I didnt waste my money on a maggie, now that I know that the secret is the "tornato" hp/fuel saver!

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V
1,181 Posts
Too funny. and to think based on the thread title, I entered prepared to say MAGGIE is the cheapest way.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Damn ! ! My car only came with 400 from the factory. Based on that Ebay ad, I'm not gonna' install the maggie......just do that "re-map" thingy.

Problem is.....some naive person will see that ad and believe EVERYTHING! 'Cause they "want" to. I hate when people do that. Thanks for the post V-Ape. BTW, he wants WAY too much for that particular vehicle.

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V **sold**, 2009 CTS4
376 Posts
Wow...Anybody make contact with this guy? I wonder what the sticker on the back window says...

·
Registered
05 Maggied V Black/Black
1,158 Posts
I guess the Z06 "package" is the FRC's and the emblem......gotta be worth a couple of grand at least

·
Registered
2004 CTSV
1,133 Posts
Looks like no bids on this car

ebay offers $20,000 fraud protection. Could you buy the car for say $34K, run a dyno to prove advertising fraud then collect $20K from ebay? This car is definitely worth $14K net.

·
Registered
2007 CTS-V Thunder Gray; 2004 Cowboy Cadillac (SRT10)
17,712 Posts
Shit I should sell my V and buy this one then install the headers and fly wheel should good for at least 200 RWHP on this V...

What is this guy smoking?

·
Registered
1959 Cadillac, 1980 Cadillac,Former 2005 CTS-V; now a 2009 V
2,210 Posts
that tornado got me an extra 12 HP on the dyno, and improved my average MPG by 6... no BS...

·
Registered
1959 Cadillac, 1980 Cadillac,Former 2005 CTS-V; now a 2009 V
2,210 Posts
i'm totally kidding about the HP/MPG gain... i've never tried the tornados...

why are they illegal?

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V FG2, BB, CAI...
122 Posts
alright guys, i cant stand when people put out bs ads like this, so this is the email i sent:

V looks really nice...i see the sub, but where is the DVD system - i didnt see monitors in headrest?

also, what was done to motor to get HP numbers - do you have a dyno sheet? is the number quoted at wheels? please get me the details, is this work warrantied? what build shop did it?

thanks.
b

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V FG2, BB, CAI...
122 Posts
LOL---please keep us apprised of his reply Barry
to my surprise, here is the response...it makes sense now...btw, should i call him out and have him get the dyno done? i feel like what's his face on punked. at the end i should give him the link to this chain and tell him he got forum'd.

Response from DAN10000_3:
The DVD player is in the nav system and uses the main monitor. I had all the work done buy the Cadi dealer except the intake, I put that on myself. Intake+pulleys+computer upgrade+exhaust+the tornadoaddapter =a little 100HP expected gain but I have not had dyno done. I will provide a dyno check if you need. The warranty just ended at 50,000 miles but I will extend it for the buyer at no cost. Thank you for looking.

·
Registered
2005 Stealth Gray CTS-V, 2009 Black CTS-V
3,570 Posts
to my surprise, here is the response...it makes sense now...btw, should i call him out and have him get the dyno done? i feel like what's his face on punked. at the end i should give him the link to this chain and tell him he got forum'd.

Response from DAN10000_3:
The DVD player is in the nav system and uses the main monitor. I had all the work done buy the Cadi dealer except the intake, I put that on myself. Intake+pulleys+computer upgrade+exhaust+the tornadoaddapter =a little 100HP expected gain but I have not had dyno done. I will provide a dyno check if you need. The warranty just ended at 50,000 miles but I will extend it for the buyer at no cost. Thank you for looking.
:histeric:Tornadoadapter...wow...

Yeah, I'd LOVE to see his dyno run. I seriously doubt he even sees 400 rwhp (say, ~60-70 gain), to say nothing about a 100 rwhp gain.

If he get's ~430 rwhp with those upgrades, I think over 1/2 the members on this forum would immediately purchase a "tornadoadapter." :thumbsup:

·
Registered
(did) CTS-V
723 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Anyone wanna do a group buy on tornados? Hahahah.

Thats very nice of him to offer an extended warranty for FREE. Well not really free considering what he's asking for the car.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts