Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
05 CTS
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where have you found the cheapest OEM Pads/Rotors???

I've been looking, and this one place called RotorPros used to have a site, but it seems to have tanked I guess......It was pretty cheap, and sold pad/rotor packages.......looks like there's a similar company on Ebay......

I used to want Drilled/Slotted rotors...but I just dont have the money ....

My rotors are warped to shit, and I'm tired of it shaking when I brake! lol

Where's the cheapest you've found for OEM pads/rotors?????

·
Registered
03 CTS 3.2L (Sold) / 09 CBR 600rr /2014 GMC Sierra
7,872 Posts
check out R1 concepts, i got 4 rotors from them drilled and slotted for $230 usd, if you just want plain rotors they are a lot cheaper from them.
as for pads, i decided to spend a little extra and get Satisfied Pro Ceramic paid 165cnd for front and back.
this break setup works really well, definatelly worth what i paid.

oh...BTW... email R1 before you order them and say you found a online coupon that was 15% off but its expired and ask for the 15 off... they will email you and say no problem... i know its not a lot but its something... i actually did find a expired coupon, just google for it and you may find a valid one.

·
Registered
05 CTS
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ah yes...that was one of the other ones that I just plain forgot about!! It was RotorPros...and R1....I'm checkin them out right now..

Cheapest I've gotten so far are Advance Auto Parts OEM....ceramic pads/rotors were like $180 total.

·
Registered
7,872 Posts
180 for ceramic pads and rotors is a really good deal, i dont htink you will do much better than that... what make are the pads and rotors? make sure you dont get cheap pads, you dont want them to crack or seperate, thats why i spent a little extra... i origionally was looking for the cheapest i could get just to have new pads and rotors and i think i was quoted around 200 for it all but it was cheap.

·
Registered
05 CTS
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wearever Rotor $61.99, and I think that's just a piece........and Wagner Ceramic Pads - $63.49

I've never heard of 'Wearever'?? I've heard of Wagner...but dont know how good either of them are...??!

·
Registered
7,872 Posts
everyone makes/orders their own brand of rotor now, i was looking at a set on kijiji and i called the "company" to get some info on them and all the guy could tell me was they are made of metal...and he was reluctant to say that lol.

wagner "quick stop" pads were one of my options origionally but some people on here advised me against them... so i cant speak from experience with them but others on here probably could...maybe their ceramic line is better.

·
Registered
05 CTS
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yea, these damn things...it's hard to tell......Autozone sells 'Duralast' rotors for $63.99/piece, and Duralast Gold Ceramic pads for $59.99...

They dont have reviews or anything on these jokers....so it's hard to tell...I do know Duralast tho...but still don't have any experience with them............Which is better?!??! lol

·
Registered
7,872 Posts
i think the R1 rotors were 80 back and 90 front shipped for plain rotors and thats a set of rotors..not each....little cheaper than what you are lookin at. they also sell pads and their own ceramic pads.

tire rack gives reviews on some pads but only the ones they sell...hawlk and satisfied mostly...there useto be a review on the pads i got, said they were noisy low dust but stopped good... i find them quiet, low dust and stop good

http://www.tirerack.com/brakes/resu...lar=Luxury+Sport+Package&brand=&category=Pads

·
Registered
05 CTS
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yea..that is true...R1 has the rotors for $82...for 2.

I might just get those rotors.....and I could get the Hawk ceramic pads for $94 and would have some nice brakes then......and I'd be right at $176 ish....which is what I was plannin on spending regardless...that's probably the cheapest route right here......

Might do this one!! Sound good?? I know Hawks are good.....those old rotors they got..they can't be that damn bad....a rotor's a rotor to me really....they'll warp no matter what in due time...lol

·
Registered
7,872 Posts
hawk pads are good, but were you going to do just the front or front and back? because that looks like you have only priced out the front and are leaving the back??
sounds like a good setup to me, thats what i was considering but i managed to get the satisfied ceramics on sale for 15% off then my friends 18% on top of the sale so they were about $50 less with tax than the Hawk ceramics

i only changed my rotors because they were rusted like crazy and every time it rained a little my rims lip turned yellow, they wernt warped at all... i think the mechanic that did them for me kept them for one of his cars, they were still thick.

·
Registered
05 CTS
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yea..I'm only doing the fronts....since I'm not switching to drilled/slotted......no real point in changing out the back ones...they're fine. My fronts are rusted like shit too....keep gettin worse....just when I brake these days......the car shakes...and I can't stand it......pisses me off...lol And usually when I do a brake job.....I do both the rotor and the pads.....just to keep it fresh..no sense to me in being in there that close..and not putting two new things on..instead of just one.....but that's just me. It's nothin to take an extra bolt out and beat a rotor off, to put a new one on....lol

·
Registered
Cadillac
45 Posts
Onmy 05 CTS the OEM pads came off the steel plate and destroyed my rotors...with almost 1/2 the meat left on them. Dealer said it was a 'wear part'...I said it was defective product and take it off the lift...I'll get someone else to replace them if you dont stand behind your product. I was fairly pisssed. 2 rear fell off and one in the front was coming off ? Anyone else heard of this issue ?
Mark

·
Registered
7,872 Posts
Onmy 05 CTS the OEM pads came off the steel plate and destroyed my rotors...with almost 1/2 the meat left on them. Dealer said it was a 'wear part'...I said it was defective product and take it off the lift...I'll get someone else to replace them if you dont stand behind your product. I was fairly pisssed. 2 rear fell off and one in the front was coming off ? Anyone else heard of this issue ?
Mark
ive heard this can happen with cheap breaks... were these the origional pads and rotors? were you under the origional warrenty?

read my post #4... you just verified my point (i actually saw it on a commercial)_...sorry to hear that happened

·
Registered
05 CTS
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Wow...I haven't actuallly heard of that happening in a long time. But yea, sounds like cheap pads unfortunately...or they were put on wrong..not clipped in, and they just slid as the caliper pushed on it over time....

If YOU didn't put them on or whatever, and that place did, oh hell yea I'd be pissed.......b/c that's BS....that normally doesn't just 'happen' I don't think.....

·
Registered
Cadillac
45 Posts
Wow...I haven't actuallly heard of that happening in a long time. But yea, sounds like cheap pads unfortunately...or they were put on wrong..not clipped in, and they just slid as the caliper pushed on it over time....

If YOU didn't put them on or whatever, and that place did, oh hell yea I'd be pissed.......b/c that's BS....that normally doesn't just 'happen' I don't think.....
Yeah...factory origional pads installed at the factory. Makes no sense why it happened. The pad wasnt unclipped...the adhesive that holds the actual pad material to the steel plates that clip in seperated. The pad material was loose rattling between the disk and steel plate. Not sure how they justified it as a 'wear item' issue. Car had 40K in warranty and alot of wear left on the pads. It destroyed my rotors of course too. When I first heard it I thought it was the wear clip because I knew I had meat left on the pads. I thought for sure others here may have had the same issue.
This car is babied and spotless. Lame customer service I thought.
Mark

·
Registered
05 CTS
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Alright...so...I've done a ton of research.....and I'm just goin to lay this out there for FYI...in case others are 'watching'. I've researched the hell out of the Hawk ceramic pads from tirerack..and I just don't like what I see as far as reviews go. I'm not getting them. lol The Akebono ceramic pads get a HELL of a lot better review from everyone.........

BUT....I'm going to try something different in the interest to save money. (And I dont wanna hear any shi!t! lol) I'm goin to Autozone, and getting the Duralast Gold CMax ceramic pads for $59.99 with the lifetime replacement. And I'm even going to go with the Duralast Rotor as well.

I'm going to go tomorrow to get them...and...maybe I'll install them tomorrow and report back what I find/see/feel.

On the reviews that I've seen...the Duramax brand does just the same if not better than most of the 'top' competitors in rotors/pads. I put them on my Nissan Altima before this car....and was very satisfied...so F it...i'm gonna try it. lol

$120 it will cost in total for ceramic pads and rotors. Fronts only.

I will report back...............dismissed...

lol

·
Registered
2003 CTS "Ebony Maria" 2005 Cadillac STS "Grace"
6,414 Posts
and why do you care what other people have to say? you are the one paying for it and driving the car, do as you want and please with your own car regardless of what somebody else on the internet says

·
Registered
05 CTS
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I dont care what other people say.....I'm tryin to be helpful to folks who may be tryin to save some money...thinking that Autozone Duramax pads aren't worth trying.....Most folks think...'cheaper' is worse...but not in all cases......

That's all. Got nothin to do with what anyone on the internet says man.......

1 - 18 of 18 Posts