Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Cadillac key fob

• Total voters
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:devil: Anyone else think the key fob is cheap and cheesy. It is kind of sad to see that all GM vehicles have the exact same one. I had to use a Chevy Classic while they worked on my car, and it had the same fob. This is GM's top of the line vehicle and it has the same fob as the Geo Metro!!! The key feels flimsy also.:crying2:

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
I wouldnt go so far as to say the key feels flimsy, but it would be nice to have a little nicer looking key fob. Be carefull what you wish for, though. I've heard an Audi owner had his $300 "switchblade style" key confiscated at airport security because it was a "prohibited item". Heres a link:

http://www.securityinfowatch.com/article/article.jsp?siteSection=387&id=4568

One feature I miss from my last vehicle (probably the only feature I miss, apart from 4WD) is a keypad on the door. This way if I lost my key, or was going somewhere like a concert or river rafting trip where I knew there was a higher likelyhood of me losing my keys, I could still get into my car.

·
Registered
987 Posts
I'd rather an STS keyless system, but perhaps in the remodel, it's just a keyfob, it works perfectly fine to get in an out of my car, so i'm not complaining lol

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Slywun said:
I'm more concerned about the non-locking fuel door than the fob.
:yeah:

·
Registered
987 Posts
Slywun said:
It dumbfounded me the first time I went to fill up.. i couldn't figure out how to open it lol, there was no indent, it was just flush so I had no idea, no button..

I actually had to get out the owner's manual lol

:nono:

·
Registered
74 Posts
AsAkAs said:
It dumbfounded me the first time I went to fill up.. i couldn't figure out how to open it lol, there was no indent, it was just flush so I had no idea, no button..

I actually had to get out the owner's manual lol

:nono:
opening it wasn't my problem... remembering which side it was even on? well that plagued me for quite a while :banghead:

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
I wish GM would do this, it would be an encouragement to Stay GM, if they could somehow program a multi car fob.

For example we have a 2004 Vue and my 05 CTS. Would be nice to have a single GM fob that could have both cars somehow programed in.

·
Registered
756 Posts
CTS Fox said:
opening it wasn't my problem... remembering which side it was even on? well that plagued me for quite a while :banghead:
We've got a 3 car family, and every other car has the fuel door on the drivers side. In the Caddy I forget 4 out of 5 times.

·
Registered
987 Posts
Slywun said:
We've got a 3 car family, and every other car has the fuel door on the drivers side. In the Caddy I forget 4 out of 5 times.
Here's a tip, look down at your gas gauge :) The arrow points to the side of the car that the fuel door is on. Alot of fords, and many other automakers have these little arrows.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I would agree that the fob is cheap, but I think there's a lot of more 'visible' items that should be worked on with the CTS. Other than the dash quality (and plasticy look) my peeve is the low carpet quality compared to Euro cars. And I agree about the non-locking gas door.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Slywun said:
I am definately going to have to agree with this also. Now, with gas prices so high, I am sure we will be targeted by fuel thieves!!!

I had the switchblade style key on my Jetta, and it was nice. I just think with the Cadillac line, they should go with something of higher class and quality. I am sure it is cost effective to use the same one from a Malibu or Cavalier on the Cadillac, but they shouldn't.:rant2:

·
Registered
531 Posts
I would just like to have the pust to start like the STS :) But it is all in cost factor and will not happen till maybe the next body style.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
PAW 47 said:
I would just like to have the pust to start like the STS :) But it is all in cost factor and will not happen till maybe the next body style.
With the target market on the CTS, you would think they would have the push button start. It is supposed to be their race car.:cool2:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
About this Discussion
14 Replies
9 Participants
onephatguy