Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2012 CTS-V Sport Wagon, 2013 Escalade
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is changing the spark plugs in a 2005 escalade a hard job. Pasenger side looks easy but drivers side looks a little tougher..do you get them out from underneath???

any help would be appreciated

·
Registered
08 Escalade ESV awd, 05 Yukon Xl Denali awd, 06 SRX sold
1,852 Posts
Up top.. To me passenger rear is the hardest of the eight

·
Registered
2005 Escalade ESV, White Diamond Pearl
342 Posts
I did mine from the top. Not real hard. The wires were tough to pull off so I replaced them too.

·
Registered
2005 Escalade, 2002 SL 500 Silver Arrow
141 Posts
I agree with other posters. Changing the plugs is not that difficult, but getting to the passenger rear is a pain. I also replaced the wires when I did the plugs with OEM wires. Do not get aftermarket ones.

·
Registered
2006 ESCALADE
10 Posts
Is changing the spark plugs in a 2005 escalade a hard job. Pasenger side looks easy but drivers side looks a little tougher..do you get them out from underneath???

any help would be appreciated
I just bought a 2006 Escalade -- I looked inside the engine and you can easily see the 8 cables on either side.
None of that BS with foreign cars with huge black plastic covers hiding all kinds of parts. Everything is out there
and open and nice and clean and easy to see.
The one closet to the passenger compartment looks a little tough simply because there is not much room for
maneuvering but I am sure once you start cranking them out, they are a piece of cake.

Again, I looked in a 2006's engine compartment -- I bet 2005 is literally identical to 2006 so what I am saying applies
to 2005 also I hope.

Thank you

·
Registered
03 cadillac escalade
11,902 Posts
denalipro said:
I just bought a 2006 Escalade -- I looked inside the engine and you can easily see the 8 cables on either side. None of that BS with foreign cars with huge black plastic covers hiding all kinds of parts. Everything is out there and open and nice and clean and easy to see. The one closet to the passenger compartment looks a little tough simply because there is not much room for maneuvering but I am sure once you start cranking them out, they are a piece of cake. Again, I looked in a 2006's engine compartment -- I bet 2005 is literally identical to 2006 so what I am saying applies to 2005 also I hope. Thank you
They are all the same from 02-06

1 - 7 of 7 Posts