Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been recently looking into changing out my old stereo system in my car and replacing it with one that supports Bluetooth connection. I have been watching videos online on some of the steps and items that I need in order to make the new conversion. Although when I was taking the stereo out to see what I have to do, there were two extra cables that went into the motherboard system that I haven't seen in other videos. I was wondering if anyone knew what these wires were for and how I should proceed? Here are some videos of me taking out the old system and showing the extra wires.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Let me know if you had any success with your upgrade. I am trying to put a new stereo in my 05 Escalade with Bose. My wires to the back are a 24 pin, and I can't find out what wires go to what. My colors are not the same as listed on all the sites I've found so far.

·
Super Moderator
2003 Deville Base
5,901 Posts
Check Crutchfield. They normally have all the cables and adapters for that job. If you start cutting and splicing before you have all the necessary stuff, you could end up with a truck that won't start--security system.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts