Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
05 cts v 06 2.8 cts
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alot of guys are going the infinity way . What about alpine ? Do you suggest 2 ways or mids .Won't 2 ways be way to high with the tweets on the pillars as well. How much space are the door pillars from the speaker fronts as alpine 5 1/4 's with 2 ways stick out about 1 inch from the speaker front.:bonkers:

·
Registered
'05 CTS-V (sold)
1,473 Posts
heavymetals said:
Front door is bass, so do not connect the tweeter if you get a two way.
I ended up installing fatmat and the infiniti's everyone suggested last wknd. Sounds great...but I did install the x-over in the front 6.5" speakers. Should I have eliminated the x-over and just connected the factory wires directly to the speaker's woofer only? Is the only downside moving the soundstage from up top to down low?

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Just my 2 cents. I have changed out all the speakers in my car to JL Audio components (front) and coaxials (rear). I have yet to finish my amp rack so they are running off my factory Bose amp. All I can say is that it sounds 110% better. Even with the 4 ohm drivers I have as much volume as factory if not more. This is a very simple upgrade. I also did extensive sound deadening in the doors and car. Crossover network for the components is in the back and I did have to run speaker wire for the front tweeters. Some pics below.

Shane

1 - 5 of 5 Posts