Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
'94 Seville STS
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a 94' STS a few months ago, and It's time for an oil change. I figured while I'm changing the oil, I'll also change the coolent before winter comes. I already know to use a coolent/distelled water mix, and to use the pellets and put them in the lower hose. :)

My question is, the car has 198,000+ miles on it; and I'm certain that the previous owner did not use distelled water in the coolent. (Somehow, I doubt that he even changed the fluid on a reguar basis). I'll bet that there is tap water in the fluid already. I read that flushing the system will do more harm than good. So, would you worry about the tap water that may already be in the system; and just drain and refill? Or is there something else that you would do?

·
Registered
'94 Seville STS
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you, that's what I thought.

I think that draining and refilling the system will use about 2 gallens. Can anyone confirm this?

·
Registered
'94 Seville STS
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have the owner's manual, (I'll have to check it tonight to see what it says), but I'm sure it shows the maximum capacity. I don't think it would account for the coolent left in the engine, heater core, overflow tank, and various coolent lines. :)

I'll drain it from the plug in the radiator, and unhook the lower radiator hose to add the pellets. So I figure the radiator, and what little will come out the hose should be about 2 gallens.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts