Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Eldorado 2002 ETC
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello everyone i have a 2002 eldorado etc and i was wondering does anybody know how i can change the time on the car? thanks

·
Registered
2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP), 1972 Sedan Deville
26,323 Posts
To the right of the time/station display, hold the H or M button until the time starts to change. Then hold or tap the buttons to get it to the correct time.

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,779 Posts
Re: hello, need help with eldorado 2002 etc

:welcome:

Everyone who posts here needs help. I edited your title to be more descriptive.

·
Registered
2007 DTS LuxII, 2008 GMC 2500HD Crew Cab 4x4, 2002 Seville SLS (RIP)
81 Posts
If this is a BOSE HU and is equipped with RDS (radio data system) you can find a station that broadcasts radio data including current time. With the radio on press and hold the hour or min button. The display will show the current stations time, continue to hold and it will change the time to the stations time data information. I had to figure this one out myself and that is how I did this.

·
Master of the Dark Art of Diagnostics
2003 DHS - two-2002 DHS, 2003 SLS, 1995 Sedan DeVille, 1989 Coupe DeVille
19,249 Posts
hello everyone i have a 2002 eldorado etc and i was wondering does anybody know how i can change the time on the car? thanks
=======================
that - and a LOT more information -
in listed in the Owners Manual -

·
Master of the Dark Art of Diagnostics
2003 DHS - two-2002 DHS, 2003 SLS, 1995 Sedan DeVille, 1989 Coupe DeVille
19,249 Posts
Must you always be so damned practical ?

When all else fails, read the directions.
============================
When all else fails, read the directions:thumbsup:

that - or get a bigger hammer - :hammer:
whatever works - :histeric:

·
Registered
2003 STS best car EVER
56 Posts
This too had me befuddled and having the wrong time on the clock had me obsessed.
When I asked for local help when the manual instructions didn't work for me 'non Cadillac people' got that sad looked that that said
..."you are going to pay..its a CAD and electrical"

My CAD is a 2003 STS and has been great. Still barely broken in at 70KMs. It had to be a user problem! Today I had an epiphany.
It seems that I can't change the clock time if the radio is on. If it is on, the clock only recognizes an RDS reset for the clock.
THAT is not in the manual!

After getting so much from this forum, I hope that I gave something back today to someone.
Just turn off the radio and your H/M button will work for you.

----------

RDS channels are not available in my area.

·
Registered
2006 dts,past03whitediamondsevillests-someday will have another seville/eldorado
168 Posts
Had the car almost a year and half and gave up on it. I'm goona try it with it off and see if that does anything. Couple stations tell you artist-song title but no time, so could never switch it. Just learned to live with it. Be nice if it works.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts