Cadillac Owners Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Escalade AWD w/DiabloSport tuner,Jet Performance throttle body/MAF,Airaid MIT
1,437 Posts
I swapped my cloudy stock HID lights for some black bezel HID lights I bought from Ebay. They still look good 3 years later.

·
Registered
2004 ESV
873 Posts
LOL. There's no adhesive holding the lenses to the headlight body? GM was that cheap?

·
Registered
328 Posts
This is on my 2002 Cadillac Escalade. Even though I haven't removed the headlight lens I know how the lens comes off. I've been meaning to buy new headlights because mine are really cloudy.

·
Registered
2003 Escalade 6.0
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
LOL. There's no adhesive holding the lenses to the headlight body? GM was that cheap?
There is some adhesive holding the lenses to the headlight body. I used a heatgun, very carefully so that I would not melt any plastic on the headlight and a red flat tool (something I got sometime ago while I was working with vinyl wrap). Applying heat carefully, made the "rubber/glue like" adhesive melt so that I could seperate the lens and headlight housing.

·
Registered
328 Posts
There is some adhesive holding the lenses to the headlight body. I used a heatgun, very carefully so that I would not melt any plastic on the headlight and a red flat tool (something I got sometime ago while I was working with vinyl wrap). Applying heat carefully, made the "rubber/glue like" adhesive melt so that I could seperate the lens and headlight housing.
Thank you I'll keep that in mind

21 - 29 of 29 Posts